PDA

View Full Version : Non Tuna Diet - ideas ?

Joe Black
03-15-2001, 05:38 AM
OK here is my diet right now....

Meal 1 :

5 egg whites, 1 whole egg
Mushrooms/tomatoes
50 grams of reduced fat cheese (Ommelette)
80 grams of oats..

Meal 2 :

Can of tuna
tablespoon of mayo
1/2 Nlarge

Meal 3 , 4 and 5

200 grams of chicken
70 grams of pasta
15 grams of nuts

Meal 6 : (Postworkout on training days)

3 scoops of whey
celltech/ or 2 and a half bananas
teaspoon of flax or 15 grams of nuts

This gives me about 3200 calories...

Each meal is roughly 60 grams of protein, 50 carbs and about 9 fat.... I have to check at home for the exact numbers... Reson protein is so high is becuase I am going to be gradually upping the carbs and lowering protein accordingly as I have never really eaten a lot of carbs before..

Anyway meal 2 I want to change..

Meal 2 :

Can of tuna
tablespoon of mayo
1/2 Nlarge

Tuna is getting on my nervers and I am getting to the point where I skip this meal sometimes cause I canlt bear it !

So what can I have instead ? Dnolt want chicken or turkey as that is 3, 4 and 5...

I was thinking about just having a whole nlarge, but that has 30 more carbs (not to worried).. The main thing is I want to try and keep 5 meals a day whole food so the nlarge would get in the way of that..

Any ideas on what to eat for meal 2 ?

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-15-2001, 05:45 AM
Beef :)

Joe Black
03-15-2001, 05:54 AM
hmm beef....

Too much grief to cook I think.....

Unless I get some deli stuff.... (which I have heard is bad)

Also what beef exactly... I.e steak etc has too much fat in for mt to keep in a 9 gram fat intake per meal..

Savannah
03-15-2001, 05:57 AM
What about Salmon or just some more egg whites???

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-15-2001, 06:01 AM
Haha, i was only joking about the beef dan. With the whole foot and mouth thing, and pirces going up and whatever....

Franco
03-15-2001, 06:52 AM
The prices of steak mince at tesco has considerably dropped the one with 4.5g of fat per 100g and 20.9g protein.

I have noticed that chicken has gone up quite considerably:(

YatesNightBlade
03-15-2001, 07:04 AM
Turkey !!!!!! Asda do some Turkey 4 large pieces for 2.50 - 3 ..... bargain ...... bag em in the oven in water for 20mins ..... lovely !!!

Joe Black
03-15-2001, 07:10 AM
Yeah wanted to stay away from form chicken and tureky as I eat if for meals 3, 4 and 5..

FAngel : yeah the healthy eating mince in a bag right ?

I was thinking abou that but with what ? Perhaps some sauce and pasta.... hmmm

David
03-15-2001, 12:05 PM
Hey Hulkie i know what you mean - i had a terrible experience with tuna about a week ago...it was very greasy, after opening it up i couldnt even wash the grease off my hands and it smelled so bad and then the taste was the worse part. i think it was old or something. up to about a week ago i would eat 4 cans of tuna a day - now i just eat eggs and chicken for my protein needs.....also, backed chicken tastes sooooo much better then tuna!!
tunas nasty, dude.
hear that tunamaster?

Frankster
03-15-2001, 12:14 PM
Your the nasty one... Tuna is good... Eat tuna... if i would be a mod hulk i would delete your post!!! things like that should never be heard when the Tuna Master is around.
Youre all lucky that he asked me to respond to this tread... would it had been him... Hmmm neadless to say what would have happened!

Budiak
03-15-2001, 12:25 PM
Try beans. Refried beans baby, so many varieties. Get the vegetarian ones and mix in some garlic salt and some pepper. Less protein than tuna per serving, but its a change.
Or just make a protein drink.

Franco
03-15-2001, 01:26 PM
Yep the healthy eating mince in the black poystyrene type box which has less than 5% fat written on it is at 3.19 for 500 of your grams:)

Pup
03-17-2001, 07:24 PM
I'm with you on this hulk, tuna is worse than dirt. As in the words of the waterboy's mama "it's the devil"

Maki Riddington
03-17-2001, 07:38 PM
Cottage cheese or dried cottage cheese which is even higher in protein content but tastes nasty.Plug your nose if you try it.

Joe Black
03-18-2001, 04:44 AM
HA HA Mac...... No way I am even trying that stuff... A whiff of that and I want to yack :)

Still thinking....... Beef sandwhiches sound good.....

However I would have to work out the protein in the beef (is it easy to get 50 grams ina few sandwhiches) and also get some good bread not the processed crap..... On my way to cyberdiet.com now !

Thanks for everyones ideas !