PDA

View Full Version : Help with diet

pushin it
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Okay, im new on here ans i have searched for alittle while without finding much of anything. I am 18, about 6' tall, and around 170lbs. I want to gain muscle, but not in huge amounts. I mainly want to get lean and toned.
I am kinda lost on how to plan my diet as i go to school from 10:45 at night to 6:45 in the morning and work six days a week from three to six in trhe afternoon.

Right now i eat two -three eggas when i wake up to go to work, chicken or other meat with somw sort of pasta and greens, and i eat something like a pack of ramen noodles or something of that sort before i go to school. Along with that is a few snacks scattered throughout the day. I don't know really much at all about dieting but i did some reading around the site before i joined and tried to pick out something that seemed pretty good.

Any suggestions or changes i should make?

RedSpikeyThing
10-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Well first off, start here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848). Read every article on that page.

It isn't too hard. You should be eating at least the following: 150 g of protein and 75 g of fat. Tally up what you eat at www.fitday.com and tell us what you get. Someone your size could probably start at ~2000-2500 calories/day. Simply eat the foods found in the article "what a bodybuilder eats" and tally it up on fitday - but be honest! You sound like you eat very little throughout the day, so this will probably seem like a lot. Try your best to choke it all down.

Last of all read everything you can! If you get the chance, try to read a lot by John Berardi. There's no need to buy his book, since most of it is available iat www.t-nation.com

Good luck!

pushin it
10-17-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah i don't really eat much... today i ate two cups of honey bunches of oats, four eggs, two 1/4 oz prok chops grilled, and a cup of jello dessert. i usually eat more than this but typically not a whole lot more.

i tallied it up on fitday and i got

Totals cals-1738 fat-103 carb-110 prot-90

i guess i should really start eating more protein... or should i just add a protein supplement to my diet?

RedSpikeyThing
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
You need much more protein in your diet. If you can't obtain it through food, then yes a supplement would be worthwile. However, you have to realise that it is the total number of calories that control your body size, not just protein.

It's pretty easy to up your protein through food, especially if you are trying to bulk. Add a cun of tuna, some chicken and nuts and you'll be good.

Mr. D
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
and try to stay away from processed foods like ramen noodles and honey bunches of oats.

check out what a bodybuilder eats for good clean sources of food.