PDA

View Full Version : Hungry while bulking?!

RedSpikeyThing
10-17-2006, 05:09 PM
This seems rather unordthodox, I know. I've been bulking since the beginning of september. At first, like everyone else, I was stuffing my face and feeling gross afterwards. I've been gaining at a consistent pace. Recently, for some unknown reason, I've been really hungry. I'm eating the same number of calories and roughly the same foods. Is my body telling me I need more food? Or should I keep eating consistently and only add food when my gains diminish? I don't don't want to gain too much fat, but I also would like to make better gains if I can!

Pup
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
1. Are you gaining weight;in the form of either muscle or bodyfat at this current calorie level?

2. Some "theorists" say that metabolism chases intake, eating more food could be increasing your metabolic rate.

3. What types of foods are you eating, high GI carbs will make you hungry.

RedSpikeyThing
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
1. Are you gaining weight;in the form of either muscle or bodyfat at this current calorie level?

2. Some "theorists" say that metabolism chases intake, eating more food could be increasing your metabolic rate.

3. What types of foods are you eating, high GI carbs will make you hungry.

1. Yes I have been gaining weight, albeit slowly (~1 lb / week).

2. Interesting.

3. I eat a variety of carbs throughout the day, though they tend to be lower GI (oatmeal, pasta, fruit)

Pup
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Well...1lb a week is good, but the increase in hunger is not. I would suggest increasing protein by about 200kcals a day, as protein tends to exert more of a satiating effect, you could also bump up your EFA intake a little as well.

RedSpikeyThing
10-17-2006, 07:58 PM
What is EFA?

Here is my fitday (Oct 17): http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=RedSpikeyThing

I'm 5'8", 148 lbs. I'm shooting for 3500 calories / day. Since it's so calorie dense, would decreasing fat intake help?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-17-2006, 08:20 PM
What is EFA?Essential Fatty Acids. Nuts, olive olive, fatty fish, etc...

Since it's so calorie dense, would decreasing fat intake help?Don't decrease your fat intake. Increase your EFAs and protein.

Holto
10-17-2006, 09:39 PM
How old are you again dude?

You might just be at an age where you can really pack on mass.

RedSpikeyThing
10-18-2006, 07:54 AM
How old are you again dude?

You might just be at an age where you can really pack on mass.

I'm 20. Maybe I can just chow down and get big. My only concern is that I'm eating 3500 as is and I don't want to get too fat. Maybe I'll try like 4k for a month and see how that goes.

Any other ideas?

Holto
10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm 20. Maybe I can just chow down and get big. My only concern is that I'm eating 3500 as is and I don't want to get too fat. Maybe I'll try like 4k for a month and see how that goes.

Any other ideas?

I think it's time to bump the cals. Bulking makes you bigger. Bigger dudes need to eat more. I think you might really be kicking ass on this bulk.

Let us know what happens.

RedSpikeyThing
10-18-2006, 01:53 PM

I think it's time to bump the cals. Bulking makes you bigger. Bigger dudes need to eat more. I think you might really be kicking ass on this bulk.

Let us know what happens.

Cool, sounds good to me.