PDA

View Full Version : I want to be made of steel and breathe fire. Or lose 10 pounds of fat.

montynwc
10-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Was sitting here at my computer bored. Should be studying for a finance test I have tomorrow, but in the last two weeks I have become completely obsessed with making a better body for myself, and improving my nutrition and life habits along the way.

Litte history on myself. I was always a very tall, skinny kid. Around senior year of high school I started to put on some weight and eventually, over the next few years, I started to become a bit overweight. This sucked because I really hadn't changed anything about my diet in my 19 years of living. I guess my metabolism dropped and my activities dropped.

Present time. Junior year in college. I am 6'2" 216 lbs. I began tracking my calories using fitday about three weeks ago. I began those three weeks ago at 220 lbs. 4 lbs/3 weeks. That's what you guys advertised and that's what I got! Perfect.

Following the advice I received from Built (thank you very much) I set out to create a diet for myself, and also I began following the WBB#1 routine, which I think suits me perfectly at the present time. I lifted on and off last year and all summer with NO routine, due mostly to my stupidity, and I experienced minimal results. This was also while eating anything I felt like, at any time. I knew I needed some changes.

I am now currently eating around 2200-2300 calories a day. My fitday averages for the last 2 weeks are:

Fat: 76 685 30%
Carbs: 175 636 28%
Protein: 190 758 34%
(missing % allocated to alcohol [sue me])

I am aiming for around 30/30/40 fat/carbs/protein macro breakdown. I especially keep my eyes on how high my carbs are, because I have always been under the assumption that they are what created my belly, not the fat.

As far as supplements go, I am on NO Xplode, CellMass, and Whey protein. I only take NO Xplode once a day and only on training days. I have read the strong opinions about it, but for some reason it really does motivate me to get to the gym and lift hard the entire time I am there. I know I would have the same desire regardless, but it has almost become an energy crutch for me. We'll see if I can kick it eventually.

Laying out my WBB routine, my last week of workouts looked like this:

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 - 175lbs
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 - 50lbs each hand
Dips : 2 x 6-8 - I CANNOT DO A DIP WITH NO MACHINE. This is hard.

Back

Chin ups : 2 x 6-8 - 150lbs.
Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 - 185lbs. Needs to go up.
Barbell Rows : 2 x 6-8 - 125lbs.
Shrugs : 1 x 10 reps - 185lbs.

Day 2 : OFF

Day 3 : Legs

Squats : 2 x 6-8 - 185lbs.
Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 - 145lbs. Hate this exercise. Can I swap it?
Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 - 150lbs.
Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 - 145lbs.
Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 - 185lbs.

Day 4 : OFF

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps

Shoulders

Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6-8 - 115lbs.
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 - 45lbs. each hand
Standing Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 - 25lbs. each hand

Triceps :

Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8 - 135lbs.
French Press : 2 x 6-8 - No idea what this is. Googgled and found coffee. Usually do tricep extensions.

Biceps :

Barbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 - 105lbs.
Hammer Curls : 1 x 6-8 - 40 lbs. each hand

Day 6 : OFF

Day 7 : OFF

Still don't feel like I have all my weights down perfect. I am trying to get in a good groove. Thinking about throwing in HIIT twice a week, but I really don't want to lose a lot of muscle while I'm cutting. I know this is hard, and if it costs me some muscle, I REALLY WANT to get rid of this stuff around my midsection and on my back.

I need to figure out my body fat percentage, but at this point I'd figure around 20%. I'd love to be about 12%, and I'd like to drop down to about 205-210lbs.

I know this is an amateurish journal, but it is a beginning, and I think it is even further motivation.

Thanks for reading, if you made it.

montynwc
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Great leg day at the gym today.

I absolutely LOVE squats. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I have always dreamed of dunking a basketball and I know the more I work my legs the better chance I have.

Here's todays line up.

Squats - 2x 8 - 185lbs.
Leg Curls - 2x 8 - 130lbs.
Leg Extensions - 2x 8 150lbs.
SLDL - 2x 8 - 135lbs.
Standing Calf - 4x 10 - 185lbs.

Took my time. Worked with my roomie at college. Feeling good about it.

Time for some chicken and rice. Finance test was questionable today. Bleh.

montynwc
10-19-2006, 10:11 PM
The Mets... have wrecked my night.

Great work out this afternoon. I haven't eaten a ton today, but I still felt great in the gym. Once again my roommate and I went around 5 o'clock after class. We did our Friday work out today. We'd like to find a work out that is a 4 day split, but I really like how WBB#1 is set up.

Here's what happened:

Military Press: 2x 8 - 105lbs.
Standing Lat. Raises: 2x 10 - 35lbs a hand.
NG BP: 2x 8 - 145lbs.
Tricep Extensions: 2x 8 - 50lbs.
Barbell Curls: 2x 8 - 75lbs.
Hammer Curls: 1x 8 - 35lbs a hand.
Seated DB Press: 2x 8 - 45lbs a hand.

I was extremely worn out at the end of the routine. I was very happy with my narrow grip bench, and the weight on that will certainly go up, along with the weight on my bench on Monday. Also recognizing a significant loss of fat on my face and back, for sure. Very happy with progress, and what's even better is that I am not finding cutting hard at all. I can certainly see myself eating this clean and at my maintenance when I am happy with how I look. That has of course been a goal of mine. I still would like to cut down on my drinking, but that is terribly hard at college.

I'd like to get some pics up. We'll see how that goes. I also need to buy a scale.

Thanks for reading.

montynwc
10-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Great, it's Friday.

Boozing day. I've been trying to take it easy even when I do drink. Should be lifting tomorrow. Looking forward to going out and having a good time tonight.

One thing, wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When I am drunk, I become absolutely RAVENOUS. I eat anything I can. The past 2-3 weeks I have become better and better at eating healthier even when I am at this stage. I.e. natural pb sandwich, or heaps of turkey or something.

Really giving this a good shot.

Thanks!

montynwc
10-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Lifted chest yesterday. Felt AWFUL. Could barely bench 175 5 times. I know people have off days, and I am hoping that was an off day. Felt like I accomplished absolutely NOTTA.

Been eating way too few calories lately as well. Some days this weekend and late last week I only ate 1200 to 1500 calories. I didn't feel well. I've eaten a lot more yesterday and today. I feel a lot better. I think it showed in my leg work out as well.

Squats - 2x8x185lbs.
SLDL - 2x8x145lbs.
Leg Curls - 2x8x130lbs.
Calf Raises - 4x10x185lbs.
Sitting Leg Press - 2x10x445lbs.

I took my time. Had lots of energy. Came home, had creatine, a chicken sandwich, and now I am typing this.

Later.

montynwc
10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Shoulder day today. Went decently. I have no idea why this is occurring, but the bone in my forearm is ABSOLUTELY killing me. I also have no idea why Narrow Grip bench seems just as easy compared to a regular bench press right now. I can still regular bench more, but not at the separation I'd expect. What do I know. ::Shrug::

Military press - 2x6x105lbs.
NG BP - 2x8x145lbs.
SLR - 2x8x35lbs.
Barbell curls - 2x6x75lbs.
Tricep press - 2x8x50lbs.
Hammer curl - 1x10x35lbs.

60crunches. I do those every time as well, forget to ever include them.

I'd love to know if anyone is reading this. :P

montynwc
10-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Just as a note... I'd love suggestions of ANY kind whatsoever. I am very, very new to all of this. To give you the idea, I still feel awkward in the gym, like I might not be doing things correctly. I am pretty sure my form is correct on all my lifts, so it's probably in my head.

Still need to get pictures up too. I think pictures = responses. :)

montynwc
10-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Really solid chest day today. Long halloween weekend, so it felt great to get back in the gym. Also went to Saw 3 tonight, just as a note. Very disturbing.

Barbell Bench - 1x10x135 1x8x155 1x6x175
Barbell Rows - 2x6x125lbs
Shrugs - 1x10x185lbs
Deadlifts - 2x6x185lbs
Pulldowns - 2x6x150lbs
Low Incline BP - 1x10x95lbs 1x8x105lbs 1x8x115lbs
Crunches - 6x10

Felt good. Still not benching as good as I was two weeks ago, but felt better than last Monday. I'd like to start regular flat benching twice a week.

montynwc
11-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Decided I'd throw up my nutritional stats since I started keeping track of Fit Day. Just to give you all an idea as to how I've been eating.

For the past month:

Average Calories
grams cals %total
Total: 1943

Fat: 66 591 31%

Sat: 16 147 8%
Poly: 14 129 7%
Mono: 26 233 12%

Carbs: 148 534 28%

Fiber: 14 0 0%

Protein: 157 628 33%

Alcohol: 23 163 8%

My LBM = 172lbs. So I am a little low on a few things for my averages. But I am working on it.

Legs Day:

Squats - 2x8x205lbs. First time I've ever lifted over 200 lbs in anything besides leg press. w00t.
Calf Raises - 4x10x185lbs.
SLDL - 2x8x135lbs.
Leg Ext. - 2x8x150lbs.
Leg Curls - 2x8x135lbs.

Legs were dead after squats. Felt great.

montynwc
07-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I started this journal many, many moons ago. I was a really, really fat 220 pounds. Since then, I have lifted, completely revamped my diet, started doing jiu jitsu, and have become the healthiest I have ever been in my life.

Currently at 180 lbs. 6'2.5"

I need a new driver's license picture.

Now what I need is advice. Currently working on a PSMF (I was 187 a week and a half ago). I CANNOT get rid of the little bit of fat I still have on my lower back and lower abs. The PSMF keeps finding the fat EVERYWHERE except there. I am very lean everywhere else.

I am going to University of Miami for law school in August, and I obviously want to look good... so while a bulk would be exceptional right now, at my weight, I would rather attempt a very slow cut. I just ordered Results a few days ago, and I want to try a carb cycle using it, much like Chris Mason recommended with his cut. I hate losing all my muscle progress on these cuts.

Anyway... I will take any comments/opinions at all. I never had one response before lol