PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Box Ideas?

Johnny Bravo
10-18-2006, 12:29 PM
I thought I would start a thread for good recipes for lunch boxes.

I am looking for cold meals that can be made the evening before (or even in bulk for the week).

What do you guys take to work or college?

Don't include shakes as they are in other threads.

No high sugar/carb recipes and the fat should be kept to about 20%.

getfit
10-18-2006, 12:34 PM
tuna,some greens(green beans,broccoli,salad) nuts,cottage cheese

Johnny Bravo
10-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Does that really taste that good cold?

Vita
10-18-2006, 02:20 PM
the amazing protein bars.
almonds.
pre-cooked chicken.
fresh fruits and veggies.

there's plenty of options, it all depends on what you enjoy eating...

getfit
10-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Does that really taste that good cold?
sure

Johnny Bravo
10-21-2006, 02:59 AM
I think the protein bars have too much sugar in the them. They would be ok for a pre or during workout meal, but not any other time. Especially on a cut.

cphafner
10-21-2006, 01:09 PM
chicken

Ammotroop
10-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Protien shake for lunch....TWO scoops...

235orbust
10-22-2006, 06:38 PM
peanut butter sandwiches and a few cups of milk

MandomRix
10-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Fruit salad is easy to make and adds variety to the regular fruit portion(s.)

Sometimes I mix together slightly more than a cup of cottage cheese, a small amount of tomato sauce, a dollop of olive oil, and various vegetable pieces; throw it in the microwave for a short time. The curds half melt and mixed with the tomato sauce it mimics a pizza flavour. Meat optional.

Making one's own trail mix can be fun. Pick up a food dehydrator and dry your own fruits and mix them with various nuts.

Wraps are also easy to make and easy to carry (toothpicks help them keep their wrap-ness in transport.)

...although as of late I've been eating a lot of leftovers for lunch. Admittedly, the easiest option.

...first post?

deeder
10-26-2006, 03:11 AM
What I bring to school with me pretty much everyday:

Lunch
2 tuna sandwiches (1 can tuna, 4 slices bread, 2 tbsp mayo)
2 cups of low-fat yogurt

Snacks
2 Peanut Butter sandwiches

Pre-Workout Shake:
Protein shake -- Ruffian thinks it's gross that I bring a shake that I make at home, keep it in my backpack all day and then drink it before my workout... Something about milk going bad :p Meh, I'm still here aren't I!?! :)

whiteman90909
10-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Ruffian thinks it's gross that I bring a shake that I make at home, keep it in my backpack all day and then drink it before my workout... Something about milk going bad :p Meh, I'm still here aren't I!?! :)
Haha and I thought I was the only one that did that...

teaturtle
10-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Protein shake -- Ruffian thinks it's gross that I bring a shake that I make at home, keep it in my backpack all day and then drink it before my workout... Something about milk going bad :p Meh, I'm still here aren't I!?! :)

um..

g-r-o-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s!!!!!!!!! i cannot stand warm milk (or cottage cheese).. blech

Johnny Bravo
10-28-2006, 03:31 AM
You could put the milk in a thermas flask to keep it a bit cooler.

80SNA
10-28-2006, 05:10 AM
i usually make my shake before gym and put it in the fridge at gym where they store all the other bull****.. (water/gatorade/ready made protein shakes/MR shakes etc)

RedSpikeyThing
10-29-2006, 09:47 AM

You could use powdered milk and mix it all with water before you drink it.

billymac76
11-01-2006, 09:21 PM
just put water in.. wont taste as good but its better than bad milk.

deeder
11-01-2006, 09:36 PM
The milk's not bad though? It gets warm but it doesn't smell or taste bad...

Clarinet_star
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
My friends make fun of me for carrying around all of my tiny meals...

A few staples: tuna, cottage cheese (with a little chopped tomato), celery with a little peanut butter, low-fat turkey (sandwich or on salad.) :nod:

If you have acess to a microwave, another (possibly gross sounding, but tasty to me) idea is a veggie or soy burger broken up and mixed with a can of green beans. The soy burgers usually have 2-3g of fat, 13-14g protien, and the green beans are filling but very low calorie.