PDA

View Full Version : Eating too much and growing gut

eddie500
10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm a hardgainer.. and skinny.. so I really increased my diet.. But now I"m wondering if you could eat too much during a week. It seems that maybe I'm putting a bit of fat on my stomach.

Now should I continue to eat a lot or should I minimize? I want max gains here and don't really mind putting a bit of fat on.. but I don't know about getting a huge gut if thats where all my fat is going to go.

They say that to really bulk up and maximize muscle gains you should eat a lot of calories. But is there a diminishing return?
Is it that I can only gain a certain amount of muscle per week, so I should only limit myself to that point?
Or is it like if I add a lot of weight and fat.. I'd have more muscle growth?

Also does having more fat help with muscle growth? LIke can fat be used to build muscle, if you happen not to eat enough that day?

Ricky Bobby
10-18-2006, 08:53 PM
how many calories are you eating a day? try to shoot for adding a pound a week.

Jordanbcool
10-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm a hardgainer.. and skinny.. so I really increased my diet.. But now I"m wondering if you could eat too much during a week. It seems that maybe I'm putting a bit of fat on my stomach.

Now should I continue to eat a lot or should I minimize? I want max gains here and don't really mind putting a bit of fat on.. but I don't know about getting a huge gut if thats where all my fat is going to go.

They say that to really bulk up and maximize muscle gains you should eat a lot of calories. But is there a diminishing return?
Is it that I can only gain a certain amount of muscle per week, so I should only limit myself to that point?

Also does having more fat help with muscle growth? LIke can fat be used to build muscle, if you happen not to eat enough that day?

Clean up your diet dude. Just because your getting fat doesnt mean your eating enough of the right foods to get big. Search the site for more info. There are a ton of stickies in the diet and nutrition section.

Chris686
10-18-2006, 09:14 PM

1. If you want to get bigger, eat a lot. BUT what you eat is very important. Hopefully you're not eating McDonald's twice a day thinking you're going to get buff.

2. Let's say you can only gain a certain amount of muscle per week. Are you going to find a way to measure it and then stop once you hit that point?
Doesn't make much sense, does it?

3. People gain fat in different places. For you, it looks like you might be more susceptible to gaining fat in the stomach area as most guys are.

4. Fat can not be used to build muscle.

The idea with bulking is to gain as much muscle mass as possible with little fat gain. That's the ideal bulk anyways.

deeder
10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Could just be that you're bloated from eating so much. Retaining water and having a full stomach all the time will make your gut look bigger...

Jordanbcool
10-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Could just be that you're bloated from eating so much. Retaining water and having a full stomach all the time will make your gut look bigger...

Yea, water weight blows.

deeder
10-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Yea, water weight blows.

Werd. I'm carrying more than a bit of that around as we speak! :p

RedSpikeyThing
10-19-2006, 08:54 AM

lol I love my gut with a 6 pack

Davidelmo
10-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Yes it IS possible to eat TOO much. You need to find the right amount for you where you are optimising muscle vs fat gain. Eat too little and you won't put on muscle, eat too much and you'll put on more fat.. even if you get it right you'll still gain *some* fat, but it will be minimised.

Steele
10-19-2006, 11:55 AM
I just gorge on BB'ing food constantly. When the time comes to cut (Rapid Fat Loss Handbook arrives from States), i'll cut. Don't get a chance to eat myself stupid so it's kinda fun :)

-Steele

akb
10-19-2006, 06:32 PM
im skinny and a hardgainer too.. on my first real "bulk" i gained 15 pounds and got the gut you are talking about. i stopped eating like crazy after 6 months and cut down to like 3000 cals a day and my gut went away but i kept my mass in other places. im on my second bulking phase now and the guts coming back. think about all the food/shakes your injesting. its not going to instantly go to your muscles. keep your diet as clean as you can but don't sweat it. if you're like me losing weight is not a problem. bulk and eat like a horse until you cant stand it any more then scale your cals per day back a bit for a month for two. and always lift heavy weights :)

Stumprrp
10-19-2006, 08:43 PM
WORD on water weight, dude thats why u look big, im cutting and i sitll get bloated compared to when i wake up, my stomach is decent when i wake up until i eat 1 small meal even haha

BFGUITAR
10-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Ive gained well over 20 pounds and you can kind of still see my ab outlines (not much at all though).

My stomach is relaticely flat but I am notiing some softness around my sides.

I eat alot also. I love food :D