PDA

View Full Version : Is whey easy on the stomach?

Stepinfetch
10-19-2006, 10:38 AM
About 8 months ago I started getting into weight lifting. I drank chocolate whey protein with whole milk or Cytogainer. I also went through 2 containers of No-Explode which I really liked (despite all of the bashing of this product, I liked it because it gave me energy to lift). The only problem was that any thing with Creatine gave me bloating and sometimes diarrhea, no matter how well my regular food diet was.

After a while of this I stopped taking every thing and lifting alltogether due to my stomach bloating and hurting in the mornings. Eventually they found I had Barrett's esophagus and GERD.. Could it have been that drinking protein shakes and creatine caused this? Considering it effects overweight, old, and smokers I really wonder how I got it. I am 20 years old, great shape, and never smoked.

My question is, I am not supposed to eat chocolate, caffeine, and milk. I am going to toss out my chocolate whey and buy a different flavor and drink with water. I want to still lift weights but should I not drink whey protein at all? Is there a certain kind of protein that is easy on the stomach?

Thanks

Steele
10-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Donate it to the local poor gym-goer! There are whey powders that do not contain lactose to my knowledge, might want to look into those :)

-Steele