PDA

View Full Version : Background, and Cutting log.

Roddy
10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Well its been a complete transformation process for me over the past 2 years.

I have decided to start this journal, to share a little, and hopefully learn a alot.

-2 years ago: 5'11 135lbs mid-day. 11.75" flexed biceps
-6 months later (weight training at home) 159lbs

Well i have been at my gym since April 25th 2005.

I am now 5'11 192lbs first thing in the morning. My biceps are now almost 17" flexed.

-Current Best Squat: 275lbs 3x6. 1 x max: 345lbs.
-Deadlift Best: 345lbs 3x6, 1 x max: 410lbs
-Bench Best 215 3x6, 1 x max is 275lbs.

Current body fat will be measured on saturday, by a personal trainer, at 6 skinfold sites using a caliper.
-Estimated Bodyfat: 12-16%

I started cutting 3 days ago. *This will be the first time i have moved backwards on a weigh scale in 2 years.

-Current Daily Caloric Intake: 2750 ( previously maintaining at 4350 per day)
-Protein intake: 200grams per day minimum
-Fat Intake: 90g per day minimun
(tracked on www.fitday.com )

I'm taking an ECA stack combined with EFA's, Lots of White Tea, and i'm utilizing a variant of WBB2. No cardio.

I guess we will see how it goes.
-Goal: 8% bf

Roddy
10-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I dropped the ECA stack in favour of:

-Isatori Lean System 7 (thermo)
-Pure White Tea
-Optibolic Caffeine Pills (250mg)
-EFA's

*I got my actual body composition measured today.
-Weighed in at 189lbs, with a BF% of 15.25

They measured at 6 different sites, and averaged the total

Immediate goal is to get down to 12% as fast as possible

Roddy
10-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Hit the scale this morning @ 185lbs, and i'm seeing a noticeable difference.
The thermo i am on seems to be working great, and all the white tea is helping alot too!

Here is an outline of my current workout:

Day 1: Chest and Back

Incline Barbell Press 2x9-11 @ 185lbs
Close Grip Chins 2x11
Flat Dumbbell Flies 2x9-11 @ 40lbs
Wide Grip Pull Downs 2x9-11 @ 145lbs
Decline Barbell Bench Press 2x9-11 @ 135lbs <-- very weak, i havent done these in the past
Seated Cable Row 2x9-11 @ 175lbs

Rest Day

Day 2: Legs (I'm recovering from a knee injury just as a note)

Squats 1x10 @ 90lbs 2x20 @ 185lbs
Leg Press 1x10 @ 225, 2x20 @ 265
Hamstring Curl 2x9 @ 95lbs
Calf raises 2x20 @ 135lbs
Deads 3x6 @ 275lbs (every other week)

Rest Day

Day 3: Biceps, Triceps, and Shoulders

Seated Dumbbell Press (65lbs), Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises(25lbs), Front Dumbbell Raises(25lbs) 2-3x6 (supersetted)
Narrow grips chins 1 x max
Tricep Extensions 2x9-11 @ 70lbs
Standing Barbell Curls 2x9-11 @ 115lbs
Dips 2x9-11 @ Body weight
Hammer Curls 2x9-11 @ 45lbs

The weights i'm using on some of these exercises are a little low, this is my variant of WBB2, and i just started using it about 10 days ago. I'm expecting my strength to skyrocket. The weights i was using with WBB1 for the past 6 months were much higher, but i focused on sets of 6, where as with this i am pushing for 9-11.

Roddy
10-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Breakdown of my diet:

6:00 Breakfast-
-2 scoops of whey protein mixed in water.
-1 bowl of oatmeal
-2 9 grain cereal cookies (i will post the recipe soon)
-1 small yogurt, with banana chopped into it

7:00-
Bottle of water

9:00-
Snack
-Homemade protein bar (from amazing protein bar thread)
-1 cup of apple juice
-1 apple

10:30
Snack
-Sandwich, wholewheat breat, 5 slices of chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, touch of mustard
-bottle of water

12:30
Lunch
-Small chicken breast
-small portion of wild rice and corn
-small portion of steamed brocolli and carrots
-bottle of water

4:00
- Snack
-1 scoop of whey protein
-2 cups cup of milk
-5 handfuls of trail mix

6:00
Supper
-8oz Steak or salmon filet
-Sweet Potato Fries (i'll post instructions soon)
-2-3 glasses of water

8:30
-1 scoop of whey protein

10:30
Bedtime snack
- 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 boiled egg, 6oz milk, 8oz water

^^^ seems like alot of food for a cut, but my portions are reduced.

When i ate like this with full portions i EASILY took in 4350 cals on average on fitday... right now i'm pulling in an average of just under 3000cals.

Roddy
10-25-2006, 11:22 PM
LOTS of posts from me today.... lol and none from you guys! WTF!

I just want to say i am in love with this lean system 7 i'm on by isatori.

I live in canada and the one we have here isnt as potent as the US version.

Ours lacks 7-keto.

But i cant even tell that i am on anything. What i mean by this is, when i took hydroxy cut in the past.. i was mad tripping out, mind racing, hearth racing, sweating, looking flush, looking pale, shaking...

this stuff.... you cant tell at all, other than looking in the mirror after a week and noticing some change.

Yeah just wanted to throw that out there, i searched for a long time for a stimulant free thermo, or one that had zero caffeine, or at least something that wouldnt give me the jitters.

this i found by pure luck..

ttyl

Roddy
10-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Tommorow is day 10 of my extreme cut.

Here is a breakdown of the supplementation regime i have been following:

5:30
-wake up, take 3 lean system 7 caps, one 250mg caffeine pill with 12oz water
8:00
-by this time i have consumed about 4-6 cups of medium blend coffee, no sugar, no cream
11:00
-1 cup of coffee, and 1 250mg caffeine pill
7:00pm
- 1 full tea pot of pure white tea, 3 lean system 7 caps
Bedtime
- 6000mgs EFA

^^^ this combined with reduced calories, loads of water and a slightly more frequent and intense weight lifting routine, and i have dropped 7-8lbs in 10days.

After day 21 (3 weeks) i'm planning to start to compliment this cut with some tanning minutes :D haha, kind of a reward for myself i guess! I hope it will bring out the appearance of the definition.

Also i'm planning to book back in with the personal trainer and get my bodyfat measured again. I'm hoping to be at 12%... and if i'm not there by then, its simply going to keep me pushing even harder!

TTYL

Roddy
10-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm starting to think no one can see this journal :scratch:

I have noticed a weird change in endurance and strength consistancy with my workouts.

Usually i'm pushing out 10reps on each set, but thursday and today, i found my continual strength to be down... sometimes reaching total fatigue at the 6-8 rep mark on a few of the second sets.... yet at the same time, on other exercises i noticed no struggle at all..... :scratch:

I'm feeling constantly hungry, even with a really high protein intake.. i basically feel like ****, weak and small all of a sudden.... but in the mirror, my arms and traps look alot more defined at this point.

I'm down to 183lbs this morning, and i can tell or atleast i can make the hypothesis that i am burning off a bit of muscle combined with the fat....

I dont think i have even hit 13% bf at this point, but i'm down to my lower personal limit of where i want to be on the weigh scale.

I really dont want to go under 175lbs on this cut.... :(

I have 12 days left of the thermo, and i dont know if i'm going to be buying another bottle, or if i'm just going to head into a clean bulk....

At times i'm confused whether i want to be a big guy or a ripped guy.... :confused:

Either way i hate being this hungry... and i hate the change in power at the gym a bit too....

I'll byde my time for another 2 weeks.... and see from there...:help:

what can you guys offer me in terms of advice at this point?

Roddy
10-28-2006, 09:58 PM
btw i just totalled it up, and i've lost 6 pounds in 10 days or so....

BroGain
10-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Wow man, that looks like a crazy hard leg workout! 2x20 for squats AND leg press? Are your 20 reps anything like the 20 rep heavy breathing squats people post about?

As for your current situation, you are exactly where I would like to be in about 6 months. I started a few months ago at 155, and plan to bulk up to 180-190ish and then cut. Given your description of time bulking, weight, and BF%, a cut sounds like a very legitimate avenue. But why are you cutting calories so drastically? From what I understand, basically the more you drop calories below maintenance, the bigger the chance in dropping muscle mass? Maybe you would better serve your muscle you have gained by slowing easing into a cut, like only 500 cal below maintenance?

Roddy
10-29-2006, 06:23 PM
^^^ you might be right.... i'm open to learning on this cut, never done one before.

I know i can maintain 180lbs on the calories i am currently consuming... so i figured cutting my bf in half would put me at 180lbs.. and mixed the two together.... maybe it is a bit drastic, buti am keeping protein intake up.

Either way, this cut is making me freak out, last night i snapped, and ate everything in site... it was an emotional moment.... :eek:

Ah well, i cant stand this crap much more... a few more days.. 11 or 10 days left or something.. and then i cant do it anymore...

I'm loosing it over here, i dont care when this is over, i'm going to eat and lift like a maniac.....:eek:

cutting makes me crazy

Built
10-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Just getting caught up here ...

So you're hungry. Okay, what are your macros?

And why such high reps on a cut?

Roddy
11-05-2006, 02:05 PM
well its been just crazy for the last few days.

I have been so stressed, and one way or another, whether its my increased rage at the gym from all the stress, or eating way less (no appetite) from all the stress, i have suddenly wound up at 177lbs.

This is lower than i'd like to be, so i think i need to asses the situation a bit here.

My appetite is the pits. I'm basically gonna keep things rolling the way they are for diet and exercise and supplementation.... for just a few more days.

Then i'm gonna go into a bit of a clean bulk and try to get back to 180lbs.

if i had to guess my body fat % at this point i'd say totally depleted first thing in the morning i am under 12%. maybe as low as 10.5%

I'm gonna get it checked again in about 2 weeks.