PDA

View Full Version : 505 Dead miss, 405 x 3 SLDL, 155 x 3 Powercurl, 185 x 3 Press

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Just some videos, ok i missed 505 by like .5 inches, i really thought i had it but it was just so close yet so far. 405 x 3 SLDL after that miss and a 495 miss (tired), 155 x 2 power or cheat curl so dont complain about form, these have made my strict curls stronger, and a 185 x 3 standing press, with sore triceps.

as for myself, look at the double chin while givin my little comments! lol :D damn italian genes, and im also much to small, i really need to take this weight off so i can bulk again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEg6MgB8P98 505 miss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg4cJA5zwu8 405 x 3 sldl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyqXIWG8gvI 155 x 2 curl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JbSiNt1OKI 185 x 3 press

yeep

Beast
10-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Strong as hell, man.

getfit
10-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Strong as hell, man.
seriously! you're doing so well,your strength is incredible.

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 10:22 AM
beast thank you but im not satisfied lol
sylvia thank you

still thanking christ by the day for my natural ability to lift weights, however, i still am awed at how close i was at that deadlift! can someone help me? i basically pull with all back, i need to get some leg drive!

happy with my grip though, over under no chalk, holding to that 505 was butter! :D i need to get those grippers

sharkall2003
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I've said it before and I'm saying it again: I HATE YOU.

Great lifts, big man. I'd be scared to see you walking around on a college campus in a couple years.

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 11:10 AM
lol i will be to weighting 300 with a backpack of large pizzas :D thanks man

chris mason
10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Good job!

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 12:06 PM
thanks chris, god bless nitrean man! ill be putting in my usually monthly order soon lol

HILL
10-21-2006, 12:12 PM
great lifts very impressive

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 12:59 PM
thanks hill

drew
10-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Couple things on that 505 miss. First, you stay down WAY too long. If you're going to set up slow (I do), you have to make sure and straighten your legs out, then dip back dow to the bar so can get some stretch reflex.

2, you're not pulling back. Pull your shoulder back and throw your hips forward. You should be dragging it up your thighs at the top. I'm sitting here watching that vid and screaming "SHOULDERS BACK!" at my computer. Ask LiftingKid, he's heard me say it. lol

3, the stiffleg thing will work for you as long as you do 1 and 2. :D

offhegoes03
10-21-2006, 01:39 PM
looking good dude.. you'll get that 505 next time

Nik00117
10-21-2006, 03:59 PM
505 YOU WILL Have it next time. Just train for 2 or 3 weeks and I got no doubt in my mind you'll get it

BTW if you keep this up, I could seriously seeing you making some $$$ off of this sport in 5 or 6 years your numbers are insane.

Tofer
10-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Awesome work, as usual, man. :) Just a couple of comments...

Your legs are straightening out too soon on your conventional deadlift, which is why you're lifting mostly with your back at the top of the lift. If you get a little more leg drive in there, that 505 will go up no problem next time.

I think you'll basically know that you've got the form down properly when you've got red marks down your shins and on the bottom of your thighs. It shows that you're getting the proper leverage with your lift, and that you're keeping the bar close enough to your body. If you can work on this (perhaps with lower weight for now?) your deadlift will really take off (even more so).

Jordanbcool
10-21-2006, 04:20 PM
:(

Your strength makes me sad

KevinStarke
10-21-2006, 04:34 PM
I could seriously seeing you making some $$$ off of this sport in 5 or 6 years your numbers are insane.

Haha sorry man, no money in PLing

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 04:38 PM
thanks everyone for the critique, with my squat i feel if i add leg into the dead and lean back as drew said i could probley pull 520+

drew, now i really want to get up to CT so you can show me, as i said, when the car is registered its no prob and ill shoot up there ASAP

Goodwinm
10-21-2006, 05:30 PM
insane man! good stuff with the 185 x 3 push presses!

Guido
10-21-2006, 08:32 PM
You seriously have the strength to get that 505 and much more, but your form needs definite work. You need to get your hips down more at the start of the lift and don't let them come up at the start of the pull. Pull the weight back and up, with the bar sliding along your shins. Once the bar gets to knee level, clench your ass cheeks together which will help you bring your hips forward to lock it out. At the same time you will bring your shoulders back. Oh, and KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! You were looking down as you JERKED the bar off the floor (another no-no). Your back follows your head so if you keep your head up it will help you keep your back straight. Finally, either wear socks or get some deadlift slippers since it will bring your body closer to the bar. You can even use baby powder on the fronts of your legs to help the bar slide easier. All of these thing combined will probably add 15 or 20lbs to your max without you even getting stronger.

WBBIRL
10-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Strong as hell man, puts my ego in check for damn sure.

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 09:33 PM
thanks everyone, guido thanks man, however i was told jerking isnt a big deal? but ill try to work on these other things i would love to pull a 515 with good form. lol i do my rackpulls the same way all back and ive done 585 from knee, ig uess i can do more iwth those too!

mike semi push presses with push presses i dip down alot that was just a lil jolt

MixmasterNash
10-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Jerking is bad! It's where a lot of bicep injuries happen with a mixed grip.

You definately pull with your back. Maybe practice pulling from a deficit? Also, I bet you could crank some huge sumo style deads.

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
ah i see, ill try to stop it.

sumo well ive tried it but i do the same thing, legs lock right out and i pull all back lol

Fuzzy
10-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Ok.... now I have to beat that.

In a few years...

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 11:05 PM
keep it up and your will easily you beast!

Gabrielle
10-21-2006, 11:20 PM
nice lifts bro. I would recommend being more careful with the push presses. You are pushing from a really low spot, I would recommend setting the bar only as low as your chin. Going that low on a push press really stretches your shoulder hard. Plus if you are going from chin level you can keep your momentum going, kind of. Also, remember not to reset on your sldl and lean back more. Regardless you have incredible lifts for your age.

Stumprrp
10-21-2006, 11:24 PM
thanks, i usually reset on deads so i have no momentum same for the PP's but ill try it

Gabrielle
10-21-2006, 11:37 PM
you should notice a huge difference on the push presses. Bringing it from your chest to the chin takes up a lot of energy. Starting from the chin eliminates the middle man, and keeps the shoulder healthier(at least for me anyway) When I started push pressing over 200 or so I changed form and never looked back. I stopped resetting on deads and sldl years ago. I pretty much do continous grip dead and sldl, works for me, but to each their own

Levantar
10-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Did anyone else notice just a little momentum being used? I mean you are strong and I'm not putting your lifts down. Just maybe pay a little more attention to your use of momentum when you are trying your PR lifts. You don't want to get yourself hurt. Alot of weight there though...keep at it.

Stumprrp
10-22-2006, 06:20 AM
wont stop, not sure what you mean, the curls were ment to have that, i think?

Clifford Gillmore
10-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Excellent work rob! Push presses are coming along very well, I can't really comment on DL form cause mine sucks rodents :(

sharkall2003
10-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Is Rob finally starting to slow down progress wise? Uh oh.........

Stumprrp
10-22-2006, 10:30 AM
yeah shark i am haha stupid cuts (even tho ive been cheating this weekend :D)

thanks wags ive actually done a 225 push press after a clean but i dipped much lower then those.

Max Thunder
10-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Crazy amazing grip strength... I'm sure you'd deadlift way more if you'd use chalk, the weight would feel so light in your hands that you'd have no choice but to successfully deadlift it.

Stumprrp
10-22-2006, 11:34 AM
lol i cant max im not allowed in my gym, they were like what do you need chalk for? i just stopped there.

Max Thunder
10-22-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm so sorry that you have to go to that kind of gym :mad:

Is it me or you barely "push" in the push press? You could use much more leg drive. It should explode up. Maybe you're not really trying to do push presses?

Also I don't see the point of what someone else said, to start at chin level. That's by doing partial lifts like that that then, when you do a full ROM, you feel it stretching your shoulders... And how the hell can you push press without the bar resting on you when pushing?!?

Stumprrp
10-22-2006, 11:39 AM
max yeah i wasnt really doing push presses just a slight jolt with PP's i usually dip much lower, and i didnt understand that much either lol.

TommyBoy
10-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh, and KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! You were looking down as you JERKED the bar off the floor (another no-no).
This is arguable. Gerrit Badenhorst reccomends looking at a spot on the floor 6 feet in front of you. Sometimes I even just close my eyes. You really don't need to look anywhere, as long as you are focused inside, you can do whatever the hell you want with your eyes and head.

Your legs are straightening out too soon on your conventional deadlift, which is why you're lifting mostly with your back at the top of the lift.
Nothing wrong with this at all. As long as your speed is in check, you're fine.

First, you stay down WAY too long. If you're going to set up slow (I do), you have to make sure and straighten your legs out, then dip back dow to the bar so can get some stretch reflex.
I agree with Drew on this one. Stretch reflex is ever so important on the deadlift. You've got a strong back (we all know this) so keep your whole body erect as you set up your legs against the bar (take as long as you like) then drop down as fast as you can, and as soon as your hands feel the bar, pull that b**ch up as fast as possible. Doesn't matter if you lock the legs just over the knees and use back for the rest of the pull. As long as you have the correct speed, that mother will go up. Also, hips down, shoulders back....doesn't really matter. In fact, when I pull, I start with my shoulders forward on purpose so that I can get my hands to the bar before my ass dips down before the pull. Technically, if you do just speed pulls and rack pulls your deadlift will go up. You've got the right build for a big pull, so fix the form up slightly and start pulling more than me you crazy motherf**ker!!!!!!!!!!!

Stumprrp
10-22-2006, 12:17 PM
lmao tommy i appreciate the post, it seems when i do that dip down and pull as fast as i can the weight does go up very fast.

SaVvY
10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Just some videos, ok i missed 505 by like .5 inches, i really thought i had it but it was just so close yet so far. 405 x 3 SLDL after that miss and a 495 miss (tired), 155 x 2 power or cheat curl so dont complain about form, these have made my strict curls stronger, and a 185 x 3 standing press, with sore triceps.

as for myself, look at the double chin while givin my little comments! lol :D damn italian genes, and im also much to small, i really need to take this weight off so i can bulk again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEg6MgB8P98 505 miss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg4cJA5zwu8 405 x 3 sldl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyqXIWG8gvI 155 x 2 curl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JbSiNt1OKI 185 x 3 press

yeep
your training for strongman yes?

Guido
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
This is arguable. Gerrit Badenhorst reccomends looking at a spot on the floor 6 feet in front of you. Sometimes I even just close my eyes. You really don't need to look anywhere, as long as you are focused inside, you can do whatever the hell you want with your eyes and head.I disagree, and everyone I've trained with would disagree as well. From my own experience, also, I've been able to pull more when looking up as opposed to down.

Nothing wrong with this at all. As long as your speed is in check, you're fine.
True, it's not essential, but not straighteing out the legs as quickly would help in pulling more weight, which is his goal.

Stumprrp
10-23-2006, 04:18 PM
savy - i add in strongman stuff, gonna get grippers soon, i do alot of heavy curls, farmers walks, and other stuff strongmen do, its fun.

guido im gonna work on my form, i think ill be good for 525 if i get good solid form.

Unreal
10-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Dude, your too good.

Stumprrp
10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
im a bum imo, lol, never am i satisfied.

ericg
10-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Some good advice here for sure, i am taking notes...i did notice that your right heel picked up a bit on the 505 miss so im guessing that you were leaning forward a bit. i think pulling the shoulders back like drew said will help that a lot. nice work bro.

Stumprrp
10-23-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks eric, it always does that lol, yeah ive been lookin at alot of videos and i really need to lean back and get the hips down, im very confidence that i will kill that next time, given i work on my form (maybe tomorrow with 2 and a quarter)

Guido
10-23-2006, 10:10 PM
guido im gonna work on my form, i think ill be good for 525 if i get good solid form.Definitely.

TommyBoy
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
I disagree, and everyone I've trained with would disagree as well. From my own experience, also, I've been able to pull more when looking up as opposed to down.
Um...ok, that's great. I said it was arguable...not wrong. If it works for you, then that's fabulous....keep doing it. All I'm saying is that if Stump doesn't want to look up, he doesn't have to.

True, it's not essential, but not straighteing out the legs as quickly would help in pulling more weight, which is his goal.
You didn't really say why this would help you pull more weight. We obviously see that Stump has a strong SLD, and a strong rack pull, so put 2+2 together and he's got a good deadlift. He just needs to train it more. I think his form is fine. If he keeps doing what he's doing, he should be increasing the weight without any real problems.

Davidelmo
10-24-2006, 11:38 AM
insanely strong.. especially for 17yrs old

Damn I wish I had started lifting earlier

Guido
10-24-2006, 02:21 PM
You didn't really say why this would help you pull more weight. We obviously see that Stump has a strong SLD, and a strong rack pull, so put 2+2 together and he's got a good deadlift.That's easy. Leverage. And I'll bet his rack squat is much higher than his SLDL. Thus, if near the top of the DL motion he can continue to use his legs he will be in a much stronger position to be able to lock out.

Stumprrp
10-24-2006, 02:54 PM
thanks david

guido my rack squat is 705 and my sldl max is probley about 455, lol.

i worked on form today, it was hard but a friend watched me and said it was better, dropped lower, head up, still jerked.

LouPac
10-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Damn Stump! I wish I had your strength at that age. What am I talking about? I wish I had your strength now!

Stumprrp
10-26-2006, 01:12 PM
lol, you dead almost the same as me, bench more then me, and squat a little less, what are you wishing for? lol

SW
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Very nice my friend. I remember when you first joined and if we told you that you'd be doing that, you'd have laughed.

Stumprrp
10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
lol nick thanks brother, i didnt have much confidence in myself, now i have loads, and im cocky as hell when it comes to lifting, although i love helping people.

(cocky at the people in my state/school/gym)

HeavyBomber
10-26-2006, 08:37 PM
nice lifts bro. I would recommend being more careful with the push presses. You are pushing from a really low spot, I would recommend setting the bar only as low as your chin. Going that low on a push press really stretches your shoulder hard. Plus if you are going from chin level you can keep your momentum going, kind of. Also, remember not to reset on your sldl and lean back more. Regardless you have incredible lifts for your age.

I'd love to see a vid of you performing a push press from chin level.

Stumprrp
10-26-2006, 09:02 PM
i was very curious about this, and i wasnt really doing a push press, the weight would of FLEW lol.

Anthony
10-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Really strong stuff, rob!

I agree with the others about your form on deadlift. Head up, hips down, hips and shoulders rise at the same speed, shoulders back, hips forward, etc, etc. Jerking the weight off the floor is very bad .... you should squeeze the weight off the floor. Not only do you risk tearing something, but it will cause your hips to shoot up.

For the sldl, I can't see your back, but based on the height of your hips and shoulders, it appears as though your back would be extremely rounded. You're strong so you're getting away with this, but try to keep a natural arch before it catches up to you.

For your push press, try to get the bar directly over your head. In your vid, it looks to be forward.

But your raw strength is awesome!

Maki Riddington
10-27-2006, 08:22 AM
For your age I am very impressed at your strength levels. Great job!!

bodybuilderam
11-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Right off the bat I noticed that you are lifting with your back a little bit as you are picking up the bar on deadlifts. I'd be careful if I were you. Maybe I didn't see it right though. Also, does your gym not have a curlbar? I hate doing curls with a bar like that. But nice job dude.

dw06wu
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
props man. you are really strong for a 17 year old. i could never pull 500 you bastard. stronger in other areas i suppose but still. my feelings are almost hurt.

dw06wu
11-06-2006, 09:05 PM
and what the hells up with your fitday, thats not very many cals even for a cut. you doing something special?

Stumprrp
11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
DW thanks man lol and my fitday is never updated as much as i should, im also not cutting anymore, just eating and lifting what ever happends happends.