PDA

View Full Version : Doyou ever feel depressed when you start eatin and eatin and nothin happens

RD34000
02-06-2002, 04:18 PM
:( I get pissed off - no matter howmuch i eat i dont get fat or puton any weight. Is there any weight gain supplement tht actually works coz i aint found one yet any ideas???
Any info would be much appreciated. Coul you tell meyour diet if you have gained mass fast. What shall i eat how often i am constantly eatin tuna milk and MRP's and i have tried so many weight gain suplements its not even funny? Is it because it is because i am only 16. Every time i eat it goes to my stomach!

Can you help if you can then you r a genius and a better man thn me!!

CBates
02-06-2002, 04:31 PM
Go ahead and post your complete diet, b/c I'm sure it's going to consist of more than just tuna, milk, and MRP's.. Or at least I hope.. There are alot of knowledgeable people here that can give you a few pointers on what could be your problem.

02-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by RD34000
:( I get pissed off - no matter howmuch i eat i dont get fat or puton any weight. Is there any weight gain supplement tht actually works coz i aint found one yet any ideas???
Any info would be much appreciated. Coul you tell meyour diet if you have gained mass fast. What shall i eat how often i am constantly eatin tuna milk and MRP's and i have tried so many weight gain suplements its not even funny? Is it because it is because i am only 16. Every time i eat it goes to my stomach!

take what you have been eating and eat more.

YatesNightBlade
02-07-2002, 02:26 AM
Post your diet bro.

mr_hand
02-07-2002, 08:54 AM
Your lucky, Im the exact opposite. I smell food put on weight.

RD34000
02-21-2002, 03:51 AM
Diet

Meal1
8:30 One cup of oatmeal (with full fat milk). 4 egg whites and one whole egg. A glass of orange juice. Meal replacement or weight gainer. Vitamins.

Meal 2
11:00
(break) Pint of water. MRP or weight gainer. 2 Tuna sandwiches (brown bread). Apple.

Meal 3
1:30
(lunch) Two cheddar cheese and pickle sandwiches in brown wholemeal bread. Pint of water. MRP. Yoghurt.

Meal 4
3:30
(hometime)
Bowl of pasta (one cup). Grapefruit juice. Creatine or whey protein. 1 Tbsp of sunflower oil. cup of veggies.

Meal 5
7:00
(dinner) Spaghetti or potatoes or eggs. Cheese. 1Tbsp of flaxseed oil. Can of tuna or weight gainer or MRP. Pint of water.

Meal 6
9:30
Whey protein or Creatine. 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter or peanut sandwiches. One pint of milk.

:help:

YatesNightBlade
02-21-2002, 04:41 AM
Diet

Meal1
8:30 One cup of oatmeal (with full fat milk). 4 egg whites and one whole egg. A glass of orange juice. Meal replacement or weight gainer. Vitamins.

Meal 2
11:00
(break) Pint of water. MRP or weight gainer. 2 Tuna sandwiches (brown bread). Apple.

Meal 3
1:30
(lunch) Two cheddar cheese and pickle sandwiches in brown wholemeal bread. Pint of water. MRP. Yoghurt.

Meal 4
3:30
(hometime)
Bowl of pasta (one cup). Grapefruit juice. Creatine or whey protein. 1 Tbsp of sunflower oil. cup of veggies.

Meal 5
7:00
(dinner) Spaghetti or potatoes or eggs. Cheese. 1Tbsp of flaxseed oil. Can of tuna or weight gainer or MRP. Pint of water.

Meal 6
9:30
Whey protein or Creatine. 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter or peanut sandwiches. One pint of milk.

:help:

MMMmmmmm. You seem to be eating alot. You've also gonna remember this ...... YOU CAN'T FORCE FEED MUSCLE GROWTH.

It will only grow at a certain rate. Maybe the problem is not with your diet and lies with your training.

RD34000
02-21-2002, 05:57 AM
yeah but when i train i work the muscle until i have "killed" it, and i seem to train a lot, i cant understand what is going wrong i seem to be losing weight not putting i on.

I have completely stopped aerobic work and i am just on the weighs, what ele can i do???
:confused:

YatesNightBlade
02-21-2002, 06:22 AM
Post your training Split.

Do you take Vitimins ??

I'd get rid of your weigh gainer and increase your real food too.

BCC
02-21-2002, 06:30 AM
The fact that you're "killing it" and "training a lot" could be one of the problems. We'll just have to wait until we see your routine.

RD34000
02-21-2002, 06:41 AM
Monday- Chest , Abs ,
Tuesday- Legs
Wednesday- Arms ,Shoulders , Abs
Thursday - Kickboxing
Friday -Traps and deltoids
Saturday- Abs (sometimes back if it doesntalready hurt)
Sunday- Kickboxing
:bang:

RD34000
02-22-2002, 08:18 AM
oh hello!?

YatesNightBlade
02-22-2002, 08:23 AM
Monday- Chest , Arms ,
Tuesday- Legs, abs
Wednesday- rest ,
Thursday - Kickboxing
Friday -Shoulders, back
Saturday- rest
Sunday- Kickboxing

Why are you training shoulders twice a week ?

Try and eat more REAL food and lose the weight gainers.

Neil
02-22-2002, 08:28 AM
What does your training volume look like? Post you sets and reps. If you are overtraining that can inhibit weight gains.

Qea
02-22-2002, 09:18 AM
lose the cardio.

max_power
02-22-2002, 09:41 AM
Personally I think you're in overtraining. Try to train much less and do not do cardio. Kickboxing may stop your progress in bodybuilding.
Bodybuilding must not have any interference.

max_power

RD34000
02-25-2002, 05:05 AM
sh*t ok thanks but i really enjoy kickboxing

ill do that
boo hoo
:cry: :cry: :cry:

David
02-25-2002, 10:42 AM
:( I get pissed off - no matter howmuch i eat i dont get fat or puton any weight.

Do you think you might be overtrained?

You see, you might be eating all of the right foods but if you are overtrained, it won't do you any good.....you might actually be loosing muscle mass!

Overtraining occurs when you do too many long, exhausting workouts and push your system past the point where your body can fully recover between training sessions.

As you continue to push your body past its limited ability to recuperate between workouts, it will give you one or more biofeedback signals that it will soon become overtrained.

Following are the 10 most common signals that you are becoming overtrained:

1. Lack of enthusiasm for workouts
2. Low energy levels (chronic fatigue)
3. Irritability
4. Persistently sore muscles and/or joints
5. Deterioration of motor coordination
6. Insomnia
7. Loss of appetite
8. Deterioration of ability to concentrate
9. Elevated morning pulse rate
10. Elevated morning blood pressure

yeah but when i train i work the muscle until i have "killed" it, and i seem to train a lot, i cant understand what is going wrong i seem to be losing weight not putting i on.

It seriosuly sounds to me like you are overtrained big time...you even mentioned that you are "losing weight, not putting it on". And also I would like to point out that your diet looks very good, so the problem lies in your training, not diet.

Here's what I recommend you do:

The first thing you should do is to take a layoff from your
workouts.

Stay totally out of the gym for at least 1-2 weeks in order to allow your body to rest and fully recover its normal energy reserves.

The best rule for determining the length of a layoff once you have overtrained is to stay out of the gym until you have built up so much enthusiasm for your upcoming workouts that you litereally find it diffcult to stay away from the iron.

Again, this is your body's way of telling you that it has completely recovered from the overtrained state and is ready to start making new gains.

This could occur after as few as 3-4 days or as many as 3-4 weeks.

Don't fret about losing a little muscle mass and tone while on your layoff, because you will regain it very quickly when you are back in the gym.

Also, I should mention that after your layoff, you should start back with a routine consisting of 20%-30% less total sets.

Good luck!

YatesNightBlade
02-27-2002, 02:58 AM
Geez Man ... why all the bold ?? My eyes ... my eyes.

Bro keep kick boxing. Don't worry about it. It won't kill your bodybuilding.

You need to look at your goals. If you wanna compete, then you might have to cut back on your KB, but if your just trying to get a better body the KB will probebly help more then hinder. Make sure your sessions are lasting no longer the 70mins.

Shocker
02-27-2002, 03:32 AM
hehe- yo I know what you mean dude and yes it frustrated the heck out of me when i was your age. I only recently started to put on some size in the past year and I am 25. I really statred to get bigger though when I stopped being very active and just assed around with the occasional weights session.

here is a quick run down of what I was eating most days in school, no bullshit...

8:00: eggs or oatmeal and fruit
10:30 - two hot dogs, hamburger, pack of crisps and chocolate milk
12:30 - two hamburgers/ or chicken burger and chocolate milk with ice cream
(often also ate other people's packed lunches like sandwiches, dried fruits nuts and the sort of thing you throw out when in school.
3:30 - eating a bag of sweets and sodas
5:30 - MRP, often with yoghurt and bananas and honey
7:30 - large rump steak or chicken, potato salad, vegetables (large servings, I sat there until I finished).
9:00 - desert ice cream and other stuff

I think that I gained about 5 kgs over three years of this type of eating. Training weights three times per week (I was a pretty active kids too though)

I weighed less than 60K for ages, which I think is like 130 lbs.

hehe - I would just eat anything and absolutely everything I could get my hands on doing stoopid stuff like drinking two litres of milk per day for weeks at a time, double servings of lasagne with salads, whole pizzas, whole chickens, eight porkchops, buffets untill you burst. I just had a rampant metabolism. I do think that this was because I ran about a lot and sweated heaps, skateboarding, surfing, playing football. etc...

I would recommend going for this sort of eating over the way you are doing it and cut down the cardio for a bit to maximise growth - man if I ate like that I would never have got anywhere at all.

Just eat normal food and go hard at it. Have your supps as well at the right times. It will be heaps more fun for you too !!

YatesNightBlade
02-27-2002, 04:16 AM
eat too much and you'll get fat. NOT GOOD !!

RD34000
02-27-2002, 10:25 AM
wow thanks guys
and by the way i think i can say that i have had problems with about eight of those things in the list that you wrote about Triple P.
But yeah all of that helps thanks.
oh by the way so does that mean that you can train arms and then you cant train legs the next day.
The reason that i dontwnt to drop kickboxing coz it is wicked for self defence! :bash: :ninja: outnumber :shoot:

Qea
02-27-2002, 10:31 AM
TR IPLE P the mad bolder

Hate to tell u this RD34000, but kickboxing don't do sh*t for self-defense. Probably none of the other traditional martial arts either. (although I've personally seen an old taichi master do some pretty crazy stuff)

I've done taekwondo for 8 years and i've learned the best kick in self-defense is a good one to the nuts :D

Learn some grappling, cuz it's where most fights end up at

Cackerot69
02-27-2002, 10:35 AM
Eat more and lower volume.

And don't listen to yates with this can't force feed muscle growth bollox ;)

YatesNightBlade
02-28-2002, 02:44 AM
Sure thing ............ FAT TWAT. ;)