PDA

View Full Version : my 315lb bench press

kartwheel
10-23-2006, 08:25 AM
here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1514548#post1514548) is a link to my journal that links the video of my bench press. i droped the quality a little so that the file size would be smaller, but it does the trick.

it has taken me what seems like forever to put up 315, but i have finally reached it. time for a new goal: 350

getfit
10-23-2006, 09:59 AM
did you delete the vid?

deeder
10-23-2006, 10:26 AM
^^ Yeah, I got the same error.

kartwheel
10-23-2006, 05:54 PM
ok i fixed it....

video link (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1329568168)

Bob
10-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Nice job kart.. next time have your spotter keeps his hands off the bar.. and keep that butt down.. lol

cphafner
10-23-2006, 06:37 PM
gotta keep your butt on the bench.

bill
10-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Good effort but I wouldn't call either rep a go.

Beast
10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Not a legit press, but congrats on moving all that weight.

Jordanbcool
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
*shrugs*

honestly. I thought it was fine enough I guess. I'd still count it for bragging rights.

Matt04
10-23-2006, 07:45 PM
is it just me or was that 315x2?

HahnB
10-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Tell him to learn how to spot. I've had people in the gym spot me like that before and I wanted to kill them. It's hard to say what happened, but either way you were pretty close on the first rep.

Keith
10-23-2006, 08:11 PM
That's not even one rep. The weight was on it's way down mid way through while your *** was in the air and your spotter helped it up. I don't even know why you would attempt a 2nd rep... I guess I can give you a little respect for moving the weight though.

bill
10-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Much respect, it just wasn't a very clean rep. On a side note your looking much bigger and stronger than in your previously video!

Jordanbcool
10-23-2006, 08:52 PM
I watched the video again. The first rep. shouldnt count but the second one should.

So what he moved his butt a little the second time. It wasnt nearly as much as the first time it should count.

And the spotter helped? Not really. Unless the spotter could hold 315 pounds with his finger tips he didnt help at all.

Great job on the lift bro. Don't worry about what other say. It was a damned good lift.

Keith
10-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I watched the video again. The first rep. shouldnt count but the second one should.

So what he moved his butt a little the second time. It wasnt nearly as much as the first time it should count.

And the spotter helped? Not really. Unless the spotter could hold 315 pounds with his finger tips he didnt help at all.

Great job on the lift bro. Don't worry about what other say. It was a damned good lift.

Huh? Your saying the first rep shouldn't count because he couldn't lift the weight, but the second rep should because he lifted it all? The spotter gave him huge momentum. The spotter didn't lift 315lbs with his finger tips while he placed his hands on the bar. It's just the slightest pull to give him momentum to push it all the way. Not trying to put down the OP, just saying he didn't bench 315lbs and you should know the difference.

Guido
10-23-2006, 10:09 PM
If the spotter even touches the bar I won't count it for myself. If the butt comes off the bench I don't count it. Still good to even come close, though. I can't wait till I'm there.

K1M
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Ok, so the spotter very slightly touched the bar, and his ass was off the seat, and woudn't be a legit comp lift... but he is still moving 315lbs which is a huge milestone! Congrats I say, work on keeping your form tight and get a better spotters :D

mooseusaf
10-24-2006, 12:07 AM
i was the one that filmed it, the first one was all sears and the spotter said he didt help on the second one, just had his hands there just in case. sears is bustin his a$$ in the gym, he'll be puttin up more weight in a couple weeks.

Jordanbcool
10-24-2006, 02:37 PM
i was the one that filmed it, the first one was all sears and the spotter said he didt help on the second one, just had his hands there just in case. sears is bustin his a$$ in the gym, he'll be puttin up more weight in a couple weeks.

Yup.

So what. I really think everyone is to picky about form and even touching the bar. If I touch the bar that does not mean I'm helping someone. It means. I've made physical contact with the bar.

Lift looked legit to me. The first one his butt was all over the place so I wouldnt count that but in the second one it was much more controlled.

The basic thing is that he moved it on his own. I couldnt move all that weight unless you let me squat it. So, he deserves some props and thats what I'm giving him.

Stumprrp
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
nice lifts but please try to keep that butt down, it really helps a ton i tried it the other day, lol.

nice progress in your journal btw!

Vapour Trails
10-24-2006, 03:26 PM
A lot of body english on that bench. I'd be reluctant to call that a max. You are obviously quite strong though, good work.

Chubrock
10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Yup.

So what. I really think everyone is to picky about form and even touching the bar. If I touch the bar that does not mean I'm helping someone. It means. I've made physical contact with the bar.

Lift looked legit to me. The first one his butt was all over the place so I wouldnt count that but in the second one it was much more controlled.

The basic thing is that he moved it on his own. I couldnt move all that weight unless you let me squat it. So, he deserves some props and thats what I'm giving him.

If you're ass comes up, it's not a legit lift, in competition. With that said, I couldn't move that weight. Nice job to the OP.

KingWilder
10-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I guess it's a good thing this wasn't a competition

either way, nice job moving the weight

it didn't look like the spotter helped to me, just because his hands were close to the bar doesn't mean he helped

kartwheel
10-24-2006, 07:26 PM
thanks everyone, positive and negative comments. i don't compete. my goal was just to be moving that weight. i'm should i could have dropped the weight to 300 and keeped my arse on the bench, but honestly i just wanted to know i could move the weight. o, and i'm sore as hell today.

HeavyBomber
10-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey man, good job. It's exciting to put those 3 plates on. Keep pushing those limits. :thumbup:

RBB
10-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey man, good job. It's exciting to put those 3 plates on. Keep pushing those limits. :thumbup:
i agree. hitting 3pps is definitely exciting. not legit in a meet, but who cares. you moved some nice weight there.

mooseusaf
10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
im gonna have to step my game up, your catchin up to me. im still sore from that day.

BigRic
10-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I don't get why everyone is so anal about keeping his ass on the bench? is it hazardous to his health? if he's not competing you can't discredit his lift by saying his ass wasn't down.

kartwheel
10-26-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't get why everyone is so anal about keeping his ass on the bench? is it hazardous to his health? if he's not competing you can't discredit his lift by saying his ass wasn't down.

thanks bigRic. that's how i feel. just wanted to know i could move the weight.

DeHartD
10-28-2006, 02:53 PM
thanks bigRic. that's how i feel. just wanted to know i could move the weight.

Ya, same thing happened to me... I put 315 twice for the first time 2 weeks ago, and my azz raised a little(not as much as yours) but still it raised, and the guy spotting me criticized my form... totally brought me down from the high i got putting that up twice...

great work, keep it up.

cphafner
10-28-2006, 03:32 PM

Yes he could really hurt his back. He is also making the exercise less effective.

mooseusaf
10-28-2006, 03:57 PM
does it really matter? are some of you that jealous? come on get a life. anyways, doin a cheater set helps you grow.

Beast
10-28-2006, 04:05 PM
does it really matter? are some of you that jealous? come on get a life. anyways, doin a cheater set helps you grow.
It's definitely a lot of weight to lift, whether cheating a bit or not... it's just that a clean press with no cheating at all would be a lot more impressive, that's all.

Either way, kartwheel put up a good deal of weight and hit a milestone. :thumbup:

500squat
10-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Good lift man.....like water!

bodybuilderam
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
You seemed to have more trouble when you got the weight higher, where your arms were what was pushing it. I usually have trouble when it is down low. Nice job though.

Kana
11-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Good job dude! Regardless if your ass was up or down on the first rep, you still moved it. ;)