PDA

View Full Version : Homemade shakes for after workout

nejar462
02-06-2002, 06:40 PM
I'm going to put taste as something secondary this time. I was wondering what would work well for me in a post protein shake, I also need to make this at home, any ideas on what to eat?

Ill post my diet,
Breakfast, some total, 4 egg whites,
4-5 hrs, school/sleep : )
Lunch i nschool : ) Two home made chiken sandwiches, about 12 oz, with some 2 pts of milk
After school, Tuna/bread
Dinner, 12-16 oz of chicken, some veggies, no carbs to i lose some of my tubbiness
Before bed, tuna and two tall glasses of milk.

Any ideas where i can fill holes and such? Anything i need to put into my shake to help take me to the next level? Can I avoid putting on more flab with the shake or is it mandatory?

nejar462
02-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Something for quick energy before i lift would be cool too, however i feel I have ample energy for lifting with what i do now.

ElPietro
02-06-2002, 07:28 PM
Well if you are concerned with flab maybe cut out some of the bread and milk from your diet. Or try 1% or skimmed even. Milk is great but in cutting you should use it in moderation.

Before workout you could even just try a piece of fruit maybe 45 minutes before or something.

Protein shake as soon as humanly possible after your workout...basically you can just use powder and water. If you are using creatine this would be a good time to add it in as well. Adding carbs is debatable depending on your ultimate goals but postworkout shakes is a very common question and a search should show you some pretty exhaustive threads.

nejar462
02-06-2002, 07:45 PM
I already use skimmed, sorry should have said that, yeah my weightlifting goals right now are kinda confused, its like half bulking half cutting, but im going to see how this goes, and ill decide which way to go after it.

TreeTrunks
02-06-2002, 09:19 PM
What do you put on your chicken sandwiches? How is the chicken prepared?

nejar462
02-07-2002, 03:49 PM
I dunno, my mom prepares it im not quite sure how either, she takes out all of that fat before she cooks it, i think its boiled or steamed or something. That might be what keeps the flab on me, I'll ask her how she makes it.

nejar462
02-07-2002, 03:50 PM
I just put a bit of olive oil and pepper and the chicken my mom cooked into the sandwich and eat it.

beercan
02-07-2002, 07:21 PM
LOL whatever you do, don't take cutting advice from ElFatro

I use 6 scoops of tang, and 1 of designer post training