PDA

View Full Version : Creatine - in relation to cut/bulk cycles

jeffh
10-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone I searched through a few pages of the boards, but didn't find anything that really answered my question - sorry if this frequently gets asked.

I've been lifting seriously now for a little less than a year, started off just maintaining, and have been mostly bulking since then, due to being pretty skinny. I went from 175 to 195 with some noticable strength gains.

I've been thinking about adding 5g a day of creatine monohydrate to my macros. I'm planning on staying with a bulk until the end of the year, just because I know I'm going to enjoy the holidays more if I'm bulking rather than cutting. This gives me roughly 2 more months of bulking, then I'm going on to cutting.

Does taking creatine make sense for me? I'm not sure if it's something you should be taking or not during a cut, and if it's not, I'm wondering if taking it for 2 months will be enough for it to be worth it.

I'm also wondering if taking it is worth it for someone who's a relative beginner? I'm 6'0, 195, and I certainly don't NEED the creatine to continue making gains - I haven't hit a plateau yet. From what I've read on it though, it seems like taking it can't hurt as long as you're doing it correctly, and if that's the case, I don't see a problem with just adding to the gains I'm already making.

For reference, I've been doing the WBB1 workout for the past 3 months, and have been eating 3300 cals a day ~ 220g of protein. Planning on cutting at 2200 a day, and then adjusting to the point of losing 1 lb per week.

Thanks for reading and helping.

getfit
10-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Just take 5g of creatine daily,cutting,bulking,maintaining.