PDA

View Full Version : Valhallan's Journal

Valhallan
10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to WBB so good to meet you all (I did come to this site ~4 years ago, but was more just browsing the web for creatine information). I'm 22 from Ohio and after seeing many before and after pictures from this site I decided it was time I 'transformed' myself. I like to do things to the best of my abilities, so, as lacking as they are when it comes to weightlifting, I hope to give it all I got and make some serious gains.

Here is some numbers on me:
Height: 5'10"
Weight 160
Bodyfat: Unknown, but probably around 20-25% I would estimate, I'm relatively skinny but I don't have a lot of muscle either so I don't know.
Routine: Slightly modified WBB#1

Anyway, that's enough of an introduction I guess. Time to start on the actual journal :) . Also note that this week is more trying to figure out my limits so I know where I should start/what I want to gain each week. I also did more sets than what WBB recommends so I could, I guess the lighter ones could be called warm-up sets though.

Tuesday, October 24th

Chest

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
20x8
25x8
30x8
35x6
35x6

Low Incline Dumbbell Press
20x8
20x8
25x8
25x8

Dips
2x8 negative dips
1x8 assisted dips (used a bench while in a 'sitting' position so I could do part of my own weight)

Back

Chin-ups
2x8 combination of true-pullups combined with jumping-pullups followed by a negative down

Deadlifts
95x8
105x8
110x8
115x8

Barbell Rows
45x8
55x8
75x8

Shrugs
15x10
25x10

Just a quick question before I sign off...

Even though I felt while I was lifting my chest and back working, my legs are sore now and my chest/back is not. Does this mean I had bad form on some of my lifts (ie deadlift or barbell rows) or is natural to feel soreness in my legs due to deadlifts? I'm just curious why my legs hurt even though I didn't work them out...

Thanks everyone!

Valhallan
10-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Dietary Information
Tuesday, October 24th, 2006

Approximately 175g of protein today. I got most of it from beef and 2% milk. I drank 9 cups of milk so that is just over half a gallon. As for beef, I ate approximately 12 ounces.

Other things eaten today:
Apples
Bananas
Water (~1 gallon so far)
A lot of carbs
Cheddar Cheese
Some deli meat

teaturtle
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
hello, im doing wbb1 routine also. :)

i did chest/back today too and my legs were shaking after those DL's so youre not the only one