PDA

View Full Version : Abs 'clicking' after high reps???

Reala
10-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey guys,

Our kickboxing class makes us do high reps of situps (mainly for endurence and mental uses rather than strength before we start the low rep debate).

Any way, sometimes at around 70 - 120 I get, what I can only describe as a clicking sensation in my abs, it feels as if something is clicking in and out of place. Doesn't really hurt (except the obvious after around 100 sit ups), just is weird to feel I guess...

Wondering what it is, any help appriciated...

ddegroff
10-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Is it in your abs or lower? (like your hip)

Not sure if this is what your describing, but I've had clicking (popping) while doing situps.

Probably is nothing. But I could be wrong.

Validus
10-24-2006, 04:40 PM
It is your body screaming why oh why would you make me do 120 sit ups! This sounds like a very unique problem and to be honest I have no idea if it doesn't hurt I wouldn't worry about it.

Reala
10-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, I guess it could be described as pulling, as if it was pulling in and out... I guess it could just be the abs getting tired and the resistant force of higher reps? *shrugs* I am not worried... more interested to be honest ;)

We do about 200 a lesson, and then 50 in the advanced lesson after... so I am quite used to it really, but as I say, I would be interested to know the science behind it.

Personally I prefer crunches, weighted doing about 4 sets of 15 reps seems to work best for me... and no clicking / pulling noises ;) :P :D