PDA

View Full Version : Eating Salad?

Manowar
10-24-2006, 07:58 PM
In what ways does eating salad benefit me? I hate salad but lately have been forcing myself to eat it just because is supposed to be good for me (thats what all parents teach their kids, huh?). Anyway i have nothing against eating veggies i find them very good at times, but in the form of salad it just isnt my thing.

By the way what i usually put on a salad is lettuce, carrots, cabbage, oil, cheese and ranch sauce. I also put on some eggs and tuna but i already know what that is good for = )

Thanks

Mr. D
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
its filling. full of fiber, minerals and vitamins. not to also mention low carb.

Manowar
10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
its filling. full of fiber, minerals and vitamins. not to also mention low carb.

yup its filling.... i would rather jam and extra piece of meat there hehe im a total carnivore

Questor
10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Personally I'd rather take a multivitamin.

BFGUITAR
10-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Personally I'd rather take a multivitamin.

Multivitamins done have phytochemicals.

whiteman90909
10-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Does your body need phytochemicals?

ddegroff
10-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Does your body need phytochemicals?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytochemicals

beatlesfreak
10-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Huh? Call me an old fart, but salad totally rocks if it's done right. One of my favorite meals.

Get some lean ham or smoked turkey and shred it on top, slice up a couple of tomatoes, sprinkle some cheddar or real parmesan cheese, maybe a hard-boiled egg on the side and voila! A fiber-rich meal that still gives you a heaping helping of good protein, phytos, and vitamins.

If you don't enjoy salad it's because you aren't doing it right yet.

Good luck.

Clifford Gillmore
10-24-2006, 10:58 PM
I love a salad done in a wrap with chicken breast. If you hate it that much take a shot of chlorophyll twice a day and a multi-V. Chlorophyll is pure hate bottle into a green liquid, a bowl of steamed greens is sooo much nicer.