PDA

View Full Version : PSMF Diet?

Kong
10-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Does anyone have any info on this (ratios, cals, training, refeeds etc). Ive just read Lyles interview on it and want to know more.

K1M
10-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Basically 1-1.5g protein per bodyweight, vegies, fishoil and nothing else.

If you're under 15% bf don't extend the diet past 2 weeks. If over 15% you can do it for longer (6 weeks?) without problems.

Training is 2-3 times a week with, something like 2x5 per exercises, 4 exercises a day.

Try and buy (or find) the e-book somewhere, it's an awesome read

Unreal
10-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Goto Lyle's site, buy the book, read it.

PoutineEh
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
yea buy the book. its a real hard diet. id recommend it only maybe to slim a few pounds down if your going on vacation or to maybe kick start a more moderate diet. you probably wouldnt be able to sustain this diet for very long, its tough, i know it was hard for me.

Vapour Trails
11-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I just sustained it for 2 weeks and lost 6.4 lbs. You'd be amazed how your hunger levels off when you stop eating carbs. All carbs do to me is make me sleepy and hungry. I think one the keys to keeping lean for life is cutting down on starch in the form of bread, pasta etc.

Holto
11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I just sustained it for 2 weeks and lost 6.4 lbs.

How much of that do you think was fat?

PoutineEh
11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
for me personally, i was in a much worse mood and more irritable while doing psmf than when i get to eat carbs. my mind was also fuzzy and was unable to really concentrate. i wouldnt recommend doing it if you have a serious job where your mental abilities are needed.

niketpatel71
11-02-2006, 06:19 PM
if i am 55 kg how much protein am i suppose to have according to the 1-1.5g proten for body weight and i suppose to have 110g of protein because 1 kg equal 2.2g so 55x2.2=110

Vapour Trails
11-02-2006, 06:25 PM
How much of that do you think was fat?

Mostly all of it, if strength is a good indicator. I know my calorie deficit for each day and when you add it up, I should have lost about 6 pounds.

Vapour Trails
11-02-2006, 06:27 PM
for me personally, i was in a much worse mood and more irritable while doing psmf than when i get to eat carbs. my mind was also fuzzy and was unable to really concentrate. i wouldnt recommend doing it if you have a serious job where your mental abilities are needed.

This is true. I seem to handle low carbs pretty well. Lyle McDonald said that people who crash when they eat a lot of carbs (like myself) tend to be ok with low carbs.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Mostly all of it, if strength is a good indicator. I know my calorie deficit for each day and when you add it up, I should have lost about 6 pounds.It wasn't all fat.

Y0yo
11-02-2006, 09:34 PM
It wasn't all fat.

Why couldn't it be? Water maybe?

Vapour Trails
11-03-2006, 08:22 AM
It wasn't all fat.

Well I'm not at all dissatisfied with the results.

I know many people are scared ****less when it comes to muscle loss during dieting. It's very situational though, if you are 10% bf and you want to get to 7%, PSMF would be a terrible choice. If you are 25% and want to get to 15%, it is a great choice. The ratio of fat:lean mass lost during the diet is determined by your starting bodyfat. High bodyfat spares muscle.

I should also mention that weight lost during a conventional cut isn't all fat either and it takes forever. For those who don't want to be on a perpetual cut and would rather get back in the gym as soon as possible to start gaining again, extreme dieting is awesome.

Holto
11-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Well I'm not at all dissatisfied with the results.

I know many people are scared ****less when it comes to muscle loss during dieting. It's very situational though, if you are 10% bf and you want to get to 7%, PSMF would be a terrible choice. If you are 25% and want to get to 15%, it is a great choice. The ratio of fat:lean mass lost during the diet is determined by your starting bodyfat. High bodyfat spares muscle.

I should also mention that weight lost during a conventional cut isn't all fat either and it takes forever. For those who don't want to be on a perpetual cut and would rather get back in the gym as soon as possible to start gaining again, extreme dieting is awesome.

What was your diet like before the PMSF?

We have members here that can gain 10lbs of glycogen going from cut to bulk. I can't see someone with the amount of LBM you have (based on what you can lift) not losing at a bare minnimum 3-5lbs of glycogen.

That said I have to take my hat off to anyone that can execute a diet like this.

K1M
11-03-2006, 07:22 PM
know many people are scared ****less when it comes to muscle loss during dieting. It's very situational though, if you are 10% bf and you want to get to 7%, PSMF would be a terrible choice.

I disagree with this to a point. There a quite a few lean folks on BR.com that have used PSMF to get uber lean, with or without androgrens. The secret is to follow it by the book with very frequent refeeds.