PDA

View Full Version : Microwaveable Protein Brownies/Cake

NecroFeelYa
10-25-2006, 09:11 AM
I just created these while trying to figure out what to eat.

Microwaveable Protein Brownies:
1 scoop protein
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons milk (optional)

Crack eggs into bowl and beat well. Add one scoop of your favorite protein powder, and mix very thoroughly. Add sugar and mix again (the constant mixing and remixing ensures that there will be no clumps, it is worth it). Add the milk if desired (I am still not too sure on the milk part, it's really just an attempt to make these less dry).

Microwave on high for two - three minutes.

Here's another variation:

Reese's Peanut Butter Brownies:
1 scoop chocolate protein
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons milk (again, optional)

Mix the eggs, protein, and sugar well. Microwave on high for approximately 45 seconds. Add peanut butter, mix again, and microwave for another one - two minutes.

The nutrition facts for these will vary depending on the type of protein you use, whether or not the peanut butter is natural, etc.

These come out very brownie-like at first, if you allow them to set for longer than five minutes they become very spongy and almost cake-like in texture. They are extremely dry, though. I'm going to work on that later and see what I come up with. These are around 550 calories per, so it will be most likely be a while before I get this recipe 100%.

pbfreak9999
10-25-2006, 07:13 PM
for sumthing that is soo simple to make, i wonder if they are really good, im kinda scared they might suck, but hey..ill try them
thanks for the recipe

NecroFeelYa
10-25-2006, 11:08 PM
They do kind of suck right now. I think that if I could figure out how make them moist and slightly sweeter we'd have a winner on our hands for a great, high-protein alternative to brownies (with the added convenience of being extremely easy and quick to make). I'm going to go attempt another one, and I'll edit this post when I get back with my results. Hopefully it's something as simple as maybe adding applesauce and a pinch or two more of sugar.

As a side note, for being relatively low-calorie in comparison to most of the meals I eat, these kept me full for a while.

deeder
10-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Does your mom know you are playing with the microwave? It emits radiation you know.

There's got to be better ways to get your protein. Oh! You could try taking that protein powder, mixing it in a blender with milk, eggs, oats, PB, whatever else you want to throw in there. Oh, did I mention when you do that it doesn't come out spongy or tough and dry?

NecroFeelYa
10-26-2006, 04:17 AM
My apologies, Deeder. I had no idea the only way to get protein in was via shakes. It was silly to think that making an attempt at a high-protein, inexpensive, easy to make, snack would be a very good idea. I was also not aware that the only way you could eat peanut butter, milk, eggs, and oats was by blending them.

Thankyou. You have completely changed the way I look at food. I have decided to take this a step farther, and am currently starting an IV drip of glucose and amino acids. I think that for my fats, I will also only consume fish oil pills from here on out.

I would also like to thank you for letting me know that microwaves emit radiation. Their name was not descriptive enough for me to figure that out.

deeder
10-26-2006, 06:35 PM
The point wasn't that shakes are the only way to get protein. The point was that this is a stupid idea... If you're going to make protein "brownies" why not actually bake them? Modify a brownie recipe and try that out...

But I guess if you like spongy microwave cake then all the power to you!

Roddy
10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
My apologies, Deeder. I had no idea the only way to get protein in was via shakes. It was silly to think that making an attempt at a high-protein, inexpensive, easy to make, snack would be a very good idea. I was also not aware that the only way you could eat peanut butter, milk, eggs, and oats was by blending them.

Thankyou. You have completely changed the way I look at food. I have decided to take this a step farther, and am currently starting an IV drip of glucose and amino acids. I think that for my fats, I will also only consume fish oil pills from here on out.

I would also like to thank you for letting me know that microwaves emit radiation. Their name was not descriptive enough for me to figure that out.
:D

NecroFeelYa
10-26-2006, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=NecroFeelYa]I just created these while trying to figure out what to eat.

1 scoop protein
2 large eggs
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter

Crack eggs into bowl and beat well. Add one scoop of your favorite protein powder, and mix very thoroughly. Add sugar and mix again (the constant mixing and remixing ensures that there will be no clumps, it is worth it). Add the milk if desired (I am still not too sure on the milk part, it's really just an attempt to make these less dry).

2 large eggs
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter

Mix the eggs, protein, and sugar well. Microwave on high for approximately 45 seconds. Add peanut butter, mix again, and microwave for another one - two minutes.

The nutrition facts for these will vary depending on the type of protein you use, whether or not the peanut butter is natural, etc.

EDIT: I have fixed the recipe. This one is sweet, quick, and finally moist. One thing that adds to the quality is stirring it every thirty or so seconds while microwaving it. I added more butter in another batch (2 1/2 tablespoons) and they came out even more moist and delicious, but I was trying to limit the fats as much as possible because I really, really enjoy the Reese's version. They are VERY filling, too.

One other very cool thing I noticed - microwaving it in a coffee mug gives you a conical brownie. So now for five minutes of work, you have dessert that looks cool too! It's the little things...

Levantar
10-29-2006, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=NecroFeelYa]I just created these while trying to figure out what to eat.

1 scoop protein
2 large eggs
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter

2 large eggs
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter

EDIT: I have fixed the recipe. This one is sweet, quick, and finally moist. One thing that adds to the quality is stirring it every thirty or so seconds while microwaving it. I added more butter in another batch (2 1/2 tablespoons) and they came out even more moist and delicious, but I was trying to limit the fats as much as possible because I really, really enjoy the Reese's version. They are VERY filling, too.

One other very cool thing I noticed - microwaving it in a coffee mug gives you a conical brownie. So now for five minutes of work, you have dessert that looks cool too! It's the little things...

Did you just say it would give us a "conjugal" brownie...mmmmm That sounds good, I'll have that.

11-05-2006, 04:46 PM
damn so much hostility on this thread!

cant we all just get along

sounds like a good recepie i think id swich the sugar for splenda tho dont need the simple sugars