PDA

View Full Version : One more Q - Whole wheat english muffins.

mistergalarza
10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
alright to eat or should I stick to the regular bread? I was thinking of it for breakfast. What about fat free cream cheese? These are things I've never incorporated into my diets but I've seen that many of you actually use some of these "fat free products" this is why I ask so much. I'm usually the type to stick to oats and whey in the morning, but wouldn't mind a variety - as well as straying from too many shakes. Thanks guys.

Unreal
10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Fat free are normally worse then full fat. They are normally loaded with all sorts of junk and sugar to make up for the fat. Eat the full fat cheese and adjust macros to fit it in. Remember, fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories do.

Depends on the muffins. Some are probably loaded with HFCS, hydrogenated oils and other junk. Alot of whole weat stuff still uses refined flour in it. Check the label and see if it is good or not.

Good morning food could be cottage cheese/nuts, eggs, omelletes, or even non-typical morning food. Have a piece of chicken with a sweet potato.

mistergalarza
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
the fat free cream cheese is 0 on all.. 1g sugar, 1g carb.. a ****load of ingredients but yeah. I get it. No hydro oils in the muffins too.. Maybe I should just stick to shakes and oats. heheh

Cirino83
10-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Thomas' english muffins are loaded with carbs...i think there are about 25 g or so in one of those. Thats the way I go if I'm behind on carbs..I don't use butter though but some peanut butter is delicious on it ;)

mistergalarza
10-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey Jamrock, good to see another heat abusee on the forums :).

The thomas' english muffins are whole wheat, and I was thinking of using it for breakfast on occasions.