PDA

View Full Version : Need help baking with protein powder!

SkinnySadMan
10-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, does anyone here bake brownies or cookies with protein powder?

Do you guys recommend any basic chocolate flavored cookies, a link would be appreciated. THere are so many out there, just wanted a recommendation.

I am not sure if it's possible to bake cookies with an approximate calorie value.

Say 100 calories per cookie, and 8 grams of protein in each one, rest of calories from fat and carbs.

I have absolutely no experience in baking cakes and the likes.

Holto
10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Just go for it.

Add up the total calories and then figure how many cookies you need to make to hit your target.

SkinnySadMan
10-27-2006, 03:02 PM
hmm shoulda posted this in the Recipes section... didn't even notice that it was there cause I never visit it lol.

ancom41
10-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I never even thought to use protein powder in baking. Eh, I never bake anyways :D

SkinnySadMan
10-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Same here I feel like a fairy...but damn I got obsessed with those subway cookies. Now I want to make something similar except with lots of protein.

teaturtle
10-27-2006, 09:17 PM
i made peanut butter (with white chocolate shhhhh..) cookies and added whey to the mix. they turned out tasting good but after like 1-2 hours they got HARD so yeah, not sure how to fix that.

so if you make some be sure to eat all of them fast ha

RedSpikeyThing
10-29-2006, 08:33 AM
There are some pretty good no-bake cookies that use protein powder. You could give those a try.

SkinnySadMan
10-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Awww.. ewwww man wtf I tried it and it was HHORRIBLLEEEE.

I messed it up. I added 2 extra eggs, a tiny bit of extra baking soda, and 5 scoops of milk protein isolate. I also messed up on the Vanilla extract, I used 1 tablespoon instead of one TEASpoon

DAMN IT WAS DISGUSTING

Never again will I try baking.

Link for those interested: http://www.allhomemadecookies.com/recipes/molded/giantchocolatechipcookie.htm