PDA

View Full Version : Nasa Pro-Powersports

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Power Sports : Required to do Strict Curl, Bench Press and Deadlift in the Full Meet. Lifters may enter any event individually. No Supportive Equipment is Allowed except a 4 Lifting Belt. One piece Lifting Suits MUST be worn. You may enter any event as a single lift event, i.e.-Curl, BP, Squat, DL or Full meet in any division(s) you are qualified, i.e. Masters-1, Novice, Pure, Open, etc.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Pro-Powersports program will begin January 1st, 2007. Sign up early as you will be required to compete in 4 NASA meets per year once you sign up as a Pro Power Sports Lifter (PPSL). NO EXCEPTIONS. This is entirely independent of the Regular Power Sports portion of NASA. Placings will go to 10th Place and the Best Curl, Bench Press, Deadlift and Total will EACH win $1,000.00, 2nd-$750, 3rd-500 all the way to 10th Place, in EACH lift.
The Top 5 Over All Best Lifters will win $200, $175, $150, $125, $100.

No Weight Classes and EVERYTHING is based on Coefficients on each lift for individual lifts and Total Coeff for the Total Awards. So everyone has an equal chance to win in each lift.

All Award Money will be held in a special escrow account that is already set up. The first All Star Pro Meet will be held in early March 2008 at the regular Powesports Nationals.

By year 2, the Individual Event Awards will be around $2,000.00 each for a win. Can you imagine doing a curl and getting $2,000.00?:thumbup:

J.T. HALL
http://atlargenutrition.com/jt_hall.php

Bob
10-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Wow.. this sounds cool.
So when you say "one-piece lifting suits".. are these single ply?
And is NASA drug tested? Sorry, there are so many feds out there.. I forget which is which. :-0

And is there anyway for Masters to compete in the "Pro" division? In other words are the Coefficients geared towards age too?

Isaac Wilkins
10-27-2006, 07:18 AM
Wow.. this sounds cool.
So when you say "one-piece lifting suits".. are these single ply?
And is NASA drug tested? Sorry, there are so many feds out there.. I forget which is which. :-0

And is there anyway for Masters to compete in the "Pro" division? In other words are the Coefficients geared towards age too?

By "one-piece lifting suits" he probably means singlets. They're not supportive, but they don't let you hide supportive stuff. Think wrestling uniforms.

J.T.: Do you allow wrist wraps?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-27-2006, 08:30 AM
1. No wrist wraps allowed.

2. Must wear a singlet.

3. Masters can compete.

4. Coefficient info: http://www.nasa-sports.com/olcoef.htm

5. NASA does tests for banned substance:
http://www.nasa-sports.com/drug_testing_news.htm

J.T. HALL

Guido
10-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I posted this in another thread, but what qualifies as a strict curl? Does that mean your back has to be against a wall? No leaning back? I think I would suck at that part of it. My max is prolly only about 115 strict.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-27-2006, 11:20 AM
NASA Strict Curl Rules:
http://www.nasa-sports.com/Rulebook/PowerSports%20Rules.htm

1. The lifter shall face the front of the platform. The bar shall be held
horizontally across the thighs with the hands (palms outward) and fingers
gripping the bar and the feet flat on the platform with the knees locked and
arms fully extended.

Note: The staggering of the legs (one foot in front of the other) is allowed
as long as the knees are locked and feet are flat on the platform.

2. After removing the bar from the racks, the lifter must move backwards to establish his position. The lifter shall wait in this position for the Chief
Referee's signal. The signal shall be given as soon as the lifter is
motionless and the bar properly positioned. The Chief Referee's signal shall
consist of an upward movement of the arm and the audible command "curl”.

3. Upon receiving the Chief Referee's signal, the lifter must bring the bar
up to the fully curled position (bar near chin or throat with palms facing
backward). The knees must remain locked and the shoulders square or back throughout the entire lift.

4. On completion of the lift, the knees shall be locked in a straight
position and the shoulders square or back.

5. The legs and hips may not be used in any way for momentum to complete the lift. Any thrusting of the legs or hips fore momentum is strictly forbidden.

6. The Chief Referee's signal shall consist of a downward movement of the
hand and the audible command "down." The signal will not be given until the bar is held motionless and the lifter is in the apparent finished position.

7. When the lifter is motionless, the Chief Referee will give the signal to
replace the bar. The signal to replace the bar will consist of a backward motion of the hand and the audible command "rack."

8. Any rising of the bar or any deliberate attempt to do so will count as an
attempt.

9. The Lifter may, at the Chief Referee's discretion, be given an additional
attempt at the same weight if failure in an attempt was due to an error by
one or more of the spotter loaders.

Causes for Disqualification of the Strict Curl©

1. Any downward movement of the bar before it reaches the final position.

2. Failure to stand erect with the shoulders square or back.

3. Failure to, keep the knees locked and straight at during the lift.

4. Stepping backward or forward or rocking feet between ball and heel.

5. Lowering or racking the bar before receiving the Chief Referee's signal.

6. Bouncing the bar off the thighs to start the upward motion

J.T. HALL

JayTapper
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Please explain this money deal out to me. What do this mean Money will be in a special escrow acount> You don't get it the day of the meet? Is the 10 places numbered like 1k 750 500 250 225 200 175 150 125 100 and them the top 5 as you listed. Do you just have to compete in any 4 per yr. or are their certain meets you have to be at. Can I do the two that are in my home town and them 2 others that are close by. Sounds interesting but I use to armwrestle on a curcit and got tired of all the miles i had to travel to go to the meets.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-30-2006, 06:03 AM
JayTapper

I'm going to get some more details from the President of NASA & get back with you.

J.T. HALL

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-30-2006, 07:52 AM
JayTapper:

Please explain this money deal out to me. What do this
mean Money will be in a special escrow acount> The money is THERE when the meet takes place. No phoney BS. Escrow simply means that the money is in it's own bank account, ear marked for that specific event. No One that is drug tested will be paid until the drug test reports are received.

Do you just have to compete in any 4 per yr. or are their certain meets
you have to be at. Can I do the two that are in my
home town and them 2 others that are close by. YES, but all lifters must compete in are 2 meets per year, between each annual Pro Meet. The first one will be in OKC in 2008. IF it is successful, there will be future meets. There will NOT be a second meet if the first one doesn't succeed. The lifters have one chance and one chance only to make this work.
There will be only ONE cash event per year at first. The first one must be successful before there will be other events that involve cash. The lifters can either support it or not. The choice is theirs. Either way, the first one will occur.

Lifters need to be reminded though, that NO ONE will be allowed to join as a Pro after the Sept 1st, 2007 deadline ( for the 2008 event) as all Pro's MUST be registered at least 6 months before the Pro Event they are entering. This deadline will be absolutely obeyed with absolutely NO exceptions under any circumstances. This along with lifting in at least 2 meets before the Pro Event.

Also, a new web site will be up soon. If you have any more questions, email the President @ SQBPDL@aol.com

J.T. HALL