PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a post cardio meal?

j-dearden
10-27-2006, 06:59 AM
I was just wondering, as with weightlifting its suggested, well guaranteed that you need a post work out meal of carbs and protein, i personaly have a whey shake mixed with dextrose, then a hour later have a meal of carbs of protein.

i was wondering i go for a light jog for about 20 - 30 minuits twice a week jus to stop adding too much fat and keep my heart healthy, as my goal is to gain muscle. do i need to take any thing after the jog like protein or carbs? i am very confused any help would be great.

cheers :D

Unreal
10-27-2006, 07:24 AM
If your goal is to build muscle, then yes. If you are jogging for heart health, great, but it will send you into catabolic state. Feeding yourself afterwards can miminzie this and get you back into growing.

j-dearden
10-27-2006, 07:30 AM
so say if i go for a jog in the morning after breakfast then wen i get back have my dinner, carbs and protein?

Clifford Gillmore
10-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Yes, you need replenishment with around half an hour of a carb heavy meal - and every hour after that, but smaller serves (Say 50-100g for the first meal, then 40-50g for the smaller hour intervals.)