PDA

View Full Version : Brickwalled!

NewTriathlete
10-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I've started a cut recently to trim down so I can start training for Triathlons. From what I've read, to be competitive, I need to get down to around 9% body fat, and my goal is to get there by the years end.

Progress had been great, I dropped from almost 18% body fat to 15% body fat in 4 weeks, but I've been brickwalled for about two weeks where my weight hasn't really budged (currently at 204).

This is what my calories currently look like

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 2414
Fat: 94 846 36%
Sat: 15 132 6%
Poly: 32 289 12%
Mono: 36 321 14%
Carbs: 189 626 27%
Fiber: 33 0 0 %
Protein: 218 873 37%
Alcohol: 0 0 0 %

That's split up throughout 5 meals a day, with literally the same thing every day. I'm a bachelor who doesn't know how to cook (I'm learning...), and the cafeteria at my work has only one thing that I'll eat. I'm lifting high rep 3 times a week, and doing cardio 6 days a week (3 days LD/LD, 2 days HIIT, cardio is now after lifting), so it looks like I'm running about a 500 calorie a day deficit. How could I still be maintaining my weight when running a calorie deficit?

I'm taking ZMA, creatine, and a multi-vitamin.

In the past, I've had success with a CKD (although at much higher BF%), so I'm thinking about starting the UD 2.0 (just got the book). From the other posts on here, I've just started reading about PSMFs, would it be a good idea to try to kick start the weight loss again with a 2 week PSMF before going into the UD 2.0, or just go straight into the UD?

Thanks.

ddegroff
10-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Switch it to low reps, more sets (5x5).

Lower the cals a bit.

UD2 can be very effective, as long as your diet is in check. UD2 over PSMF at your bf%. Also UD2 does have an a different program for endurance training.