PDA

View Full Version : Floor Press Mechanics

betastas
10-28-2006, 05:45 PM
I did a search but didn't find any information on back position for the floor press.

Do you lie flat backed or arched? Is it preference?

Adam
10-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I do it with my usual arch. It just feels more natural. With a flat back I'd lose a lot of stability, and it would change your bar path(compared to arch back)

Dinosaur
10-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Arched back worked best for me. Watch your elbows though since banging them off the ground is no fun.

Westsidemonster
10-31-2006, 03:59 AM
It's a little more difficult to arch your back on the floor, especially if you are keeping your legs extended out on the floor

bigbadwolfe
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
I use to do mine with a arch and using some legdrive also, but I started jacking my ass up every time it would get difficult. So now I keep my legs straight out in front of me flat on the floor with minimal back arch. This totally puts it all in the arms for me. Have GOOD SPOTTERS!!!!

Wolfy!!!

betastas
11-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys. I might give them a shot today. Does your partner just deadlift the weight into position?

Guido
11-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Not necessarily. You can start with the DB's on your legs in a sitting position, then roll onto your back while putting your arms in place. Or you can just have a partner hand you each DB, but they need to do it quickly or the hand that is holding a DB first will get tired and will make for an uneven set.

Dinosaur
11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Not necessarily. You can start with the DB's on your legs in a sitting position, then roll onto your back while putting your arms in place. Or you can just have a partner hand you each DB, but they need to do it quickly or the hand that is holding a DB first will get tired and will make for an uneven set.

I think he means with a barbell though and not dumbbells.

In that case, you basically would have to have your partner deadlift it for you.

Adam
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
or go put the loaded barbell on the end of the pins of the powerrack.
easy to do.