PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 months in pic

sleeplessaddict
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Starting weight was a starving 150 lbs, towering over the medium sized 6th grader at 5 feet 9.5 inches, fresh out of basic military training... Anyway lol, thats just a little back ground, I have been bulking and lifting for about two months now seriously. I am loving it... My current weight flexuates from 167-169 lbs depending on how much water im drinking... I dont know how much of what i gained is muscle or fat or whatever, ill assume its mostly fat... i have increased alot in weight. my dead lift is going up super fast, shoulders and incline going up pretty good... bench is pretty slowed down... Started out just with barbell stuff, but i've recently just switched to almost all dumbell excersizes... I am at a military training facility, so i eat 3 times a day, and i make it worth it.... looking for criticism, weather it be constructive or not... just talk **** if you must.... but i have been working pretty hard and have been more consistant than i have been... seems throughout it all, everything is slowly growing, except my calfs and forearms... am using the WBB I routine... tell me what u think... thanks - Matt

i noticed alot of growth at first, and now its slowing down a great deal, but i know it takes a lot of time and im not quitting.... here to stay/lift forever.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/sleeplessaddict/Picture003.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/sleeplessaddict/Picture009.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/sleeplessaddict/Picture005.jpg

Edit* : Age 20

solarisdude45
10-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Looks like you have a good mental attitude toward your goals and a plan to achieve your goals. Good luck with your progress.

Stumprrp
10-29-2006, 04:54 PM
good luck with the progress man u already look solid!

ZenFu
10-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Damn dude! That's impressive for 2 months.

What the hell are you eating though? I'm going thru 2 protein shakes a day in addition to my 3 meals and i'm still only 143 pounds! Granted though, i don't lift as religiously as you. Really need to sign up at a good gym.

If you've got the time, post your workout and meal plan here. It's obviously workin for ya.

Beast
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Great progress in such a short time.

Also, sleep will help you grow even faster.

Hockey66
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Damn dude! That's impressive for 2 months.

What the hell are you eating though? I'm going thru 2 protein shakes a day in addition to my 3 meals and i'm still only 143 pounds! Granted though, i don't lift as religiously as you. Really need to sign up at a good gym.

If you've got the time, post your workout and meal plan here. It's obviously workin for ya.

2 protein shakes + 3 meals is not much food at all. Count your calories using fitday, and I'm willing to bet they're around 2000, which is less than I'm cutting on. Increase your calories to 3000 - 3500 spread out over 6 meals (debatable) and get at least 150 grams of protein per day.

To the OP: Good work, I'm willing to bet since you're new at this most of the weight you gained was water and muscle, and probably only a couple lbs of fat. God bless the newbie gains.

Tofer
10-29-2006, 06:02 PM
^^^Agreed. An average protein shake is what, 350 calories? That's nothing. Protein shakes aren't the magical concoction that so many people think they are. They're just an extra source of protein. Protein alone is not going to help you gain weight. That's where calories come in.

Good progress, sleeplessaddict. I'm a little curious, though... why did you stop with the barbell exercises? Every single exercise in my routine, save dips and pullups, involves using a barbell.

sleeplessaddict
10-30-2006, 05:58 PM
i dont know i was doing barbell, and i went from benching 1 plate, and about the same for decline to almost 190 real fast, and it just died... so my buddy said hit dumbells up for a couple months and switch it up... as for who asked about my work out plan, i do:

monday :
chest -
dips 3 sets 8 reps
dumbell bench 3 sets 8 reps
incline dumbell 3 sets 8 reps
decline barbell 3 set 8 reps
dumbel flys 3 set 8 reps

back

dead lift 3 set 8 reps
barbell rows 3 set 8 reps
chin ups 2 sets to failure
cable rows 3 sets 10 reps

tues - off

wednesday -

squats 2 sets 8 reps (increasing to three once i get better at these)
hack squatts 2 set 8 reps
leg curls 2 set 8 reps
calf raises 4 set 10 reps

thurs off
fri off

sat -

triceps
french curls with preacher bar - 3 set 10 reps
skull crusher with dumbell - 3 set 10 reps
close grip bench 3 set 10 reps

biceps
standing barbell curls 3 set 10 reps
hammercurls 2 set 10 reps

shoulders
arnold press - 2 set 8 reps
shoulder press dumbells 2 set 8 reps
military press 2 set 8 reps

on off days i go in and shrug 3 sets 10 reps
and abs on a decline with weight

im in military so i have to run otherwise i wouldnt cuz i hate cardio, but i do a 3 mile run 3x a week... which sucks but i eat more those days...

for the person who asked me how much i eat... ill give u an example of today.. i dont know calories cuz i just go to a chow hall and pile **** on my plate and i dont know how much protein it has in it or what calories are but i figure eat like hell and ill be fine...

breakfast
mushroom ham and cheese omlet
3 pieces bacon
half scoop protein shake and multi vitamin

lunch
2 pieces grilled chicken breast
about 10 chicken nuggets
cheeseburger no bun
big ass bowl of cottage cheese with shredded cheese on top

dinner
2 pieces chicken breast
cheeseburger
another big ass bowl cottage cheese
lima beans
mixed vegetables

all throughout the day during school i cant eat meals but i munch on sunflower seeds and peanuts and drink a ton of water... i dont do creatine, i personally think it sucks... and my farts smell rotten ...

hope that helps, and if anyone has any advice to change it up, im newbie like someone said pls feel free to bash me and criticize me, it will only make me better... that goes for my work out too... thanks alot for input hope it helps other people too..

edit* besides if im feelin froggish in the morning i dont even really have protein shakes,... only post workout...
and when i get finished at this stinkin tech school i will sleep alot more... i can only sleep alot on weekends here.... i have to wake up at like 4 am every monring, bastards like to wake u up early here....

Tofer
10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
You're doing too much volume. That is, for everything but legs. Do you realize you're doing almost as many sets for triceps as legs? Take a look down for a second and compare the size of you tricep muscle to those things hanging down from your waist (no, not THOSE). Your legs are half your body. Give them a little more attention.

sleeplessaddict
10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
well i hit legs up, but its hard for me, because first thing, my left leg has problems... i had surgery about 3 years ago, for a hemangioma *sp??? its like binine tumors in my lymphatic area or some crazy crap... i think it restricts bloodflow and its kinda painful... second, i know this sounds crazy given my leg situation but my job in air force is a lineman basically... so they this whole time at tech school have us climbing telephone polls with gaffs... i dont know if anyone ever did that, but it is more of a workout then ever, so thats why i only do that much for legs, because by the time i hit them up, thats what i got left in me... but yeah i see what ur saying about the volume and how im overworking certian muscle groups.... thank you for input, i will try and revise it...