PDA

View Full Version : Microwave Food

TreeTrunks
02-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Hey I found a great meal at the store a while ago. Its stouffer's Skillet Sensations Teriyaki Chicken. Man this stuff tastes great! Heres the macro breakdown of it:
Calories-340
Fat-3g
Carb-59g
Protein-20g
It has 2 servings in the package each serving is 354g. Needs more protein though so I chase it down with milk. Any thoughts?

Blood&Iron
02-07-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by TreeTrunks
Hey I found a great meal at the store a while ago. Its stouffer's Skillet Sensations Teriyaki Chicken. Man this stuff tastes great! Heres the macro breakdown of it:
Calories-340
Fat-3g
Carb-59g
Protein-20g
It has 2 servings in the package each serving is 354g. Needs more protein though so I chase it down with milk. Any thoughts?
I've been using something similar. I buy pre-cooked chicken strips and toss it in with the frozen vegetables in a wok. Takes 15 minutes including clean-up time, and I've got three meals. Macronutrient breakdown is a bit different though. And the sauce they include with mine ain't that healthy(Not macronutrient wise, just in terms of chemicals.)

Gyno Rhino
02-07-2002, 11:42 AM
High carb, but still decent. If you like that macro breakdown, you'd actually be surprised at the number of TV dinners and prepared meals that will fit the bill. There;s actually a lot out there that are low fat, high carb, moderate protein. The only problem is that most are around 300 cals AND filling. So if you have a 600 calorie meal or something, it can be tough to get it to work right. But still, they work.

TreeTrunks
02-07-2002, 12:27 PM
I only eat one serving at a time and I use it to break the monotony of the everyday diet by adding flavor to my diet. Its a good meal to eat if I want to cheat, but in a way its not really cheating because its somewhat healthy. Too many carbs though you're absoultly right.