PDA

View Full Version : For the people who eat chicken at least once every day.

unstop
10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Long story short, I want to add chicken into my diet at least once a day, most likely twice. I'm just trying to figure out the best/easiest way to make this possible.

So, how do you do it?

Do you cook a week's worth and then just warm it up (or eat it cold) each day? Will it even stay "good" that long? Or do you cook it every day or every two days or something?

And, how exactly do you prepare it? Like, on a George Foreman Grill, or in the oven, or on the BBQ, or...?

Thanks in advance.

method115
10-30-2006, 12:25 PM
me personally I like to cook it diffrent all the time and I let it last for about 4 days after that I make sure to finish it all off I don't want to take the chances.

betastas
10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
I usually cook it and eat it all that day and the next. I have a George Foreman so it only takes about ten minutes to cook two large frozen chicken breasts.

Unreal
10-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Throw a package on the grill or bake it up. Store any leftovers in tupperwear and eat as needed. I normally cook 7-8 breast at a time, and eat 2 per meal.

unstop
10-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the replies.

While on the subject of chicken, any thoughts on the amount of cholesterol it has? I already eat it at least 5 nights a week as my 6th meal (AKA "dinner" to normal human beings). Now I'm thinking of adding probably 2 additional 5oz servings.

malkore
10-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I usually cook a half week's worth, so it doesn't get funky in the fridge.

cooking twice a week isn't too bad. but I grill a lotta my meat on the propane grill which makes it easy/quick.

whiteman90909
10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
As far as Im aware, dietary cholesterol does not have a huge impact on the cholesterol your body produces itself, if that helps.

ddegroff
10-31-2006, 04:40 PM
I usually cook enough for the week, altough this week I've cooked it a couple at a time. Probably going to stick with that.

Chris686
10-31-2006, 09:42 PM
As far as Im aware, dietary cholesterol does not have a huge impact on the cholesterol your body produces itself, if that helps.

If I remember from my nutrition class, that is correct. The biggest factor (Don't quote me) contributing to cholesterol levels was the amount of saturated fat consumed.

malkore
11-01-2006, 11:24 AM
and lately they are saying your cholesterol is also genetic...bad genes can lead to bad cholesterol levels even if your diet is pretty good.