PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Diet

Manowar
10-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Alright. I have no idea what is going on in my brothers head... but he is following a really weird.. weird diet. He wants to lose weight and this was what he ate sunday. I dont know about weekdays cause i dont see him much.

Breakfast
None

Lunch
2 Double Cheese Burgers
Medium Fries and Coke

Dinner
None

What the??

Mik
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
That's ****ed! Have you talked to him?

ShockBoxer
10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
He might lose weight. He might gain weight. Depends on how his metabolism acts to that kind of shock. Only time will tell.

It's more food than a weight watcher follower gets to eat in a day and lots of people have success with that (including several women in my office).

Manowar
10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
That's ****ed! Have you talked to him?

The only reason i havent is because he probably wont listen to me... being the younger brother and all, even though im in good shape. Obviously he doesnt have much of a clue to what he is doing.

Mik
10-30-2006, 02:12 PM
It might be worth a shot. Just try to approach him without coming off as a know-it-all. One meal a day isn't a good idea no matter what the calorie content plus the food choice is less than desireable if this were a regular meal.

billymac76
10-30-2006, 02:51 PM
dont they list on those things around 460grams of caloies in one?

RedSpikeyThing
10-30-2006, 04:10 PM
I would assume that would create a caloric deficit and work, but I mean come on!

ShockBoxer
10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
It's about 1600 cals, which is what I cut on. That's fine. It really is twice the 'points' you get following weight watchers, believe it or not (a woman at work tallied up my usual daily intake to be 47 points. My lunches alone are their entire daily allotment of 22 points).

The potential problem is that it's only one meal a day. I'd go stark raving mad and I can't believe the body would ultimately be thrilled about this 'once a day you get a massive influx of calories' thing.

Slim Schaedle
10-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Alright. I have no idea what is going on in my brothers head... but he is following a really weird.. weird diet. He wants to lose weight and this was what he ate sunday. I dont know about weekdays cause i dont see him much.

Breakfast
None

Lunch
2 Double Cheese Burgers
Medium Fries and Coke

Dinner
None

What the??
Gonna be deficient in alot of vitamins and minerals.

From the perspective of weight loss, it will most likely work.

Not the best way by far. He might get initial results, but maintaining something like that in the long run virtually impossible.

niketpatel71
11-02-2006, 06:08 PM
my diet is just like this except i eat 1 chicken burger instead of 2 cheese burger and so far i have lost 10 kg in 2 months

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-02-2006, 06:09 PM
^^

You should try eating better. :thumbup:

No seriously, stop eating like crap.

niketpatel71
11-02-2006, 06:14 PM
but while i was eating like that i was lossing weigh saving money and i increased the amount of weight i can do for each exercise eg bench press,squats

RedSpikeyThing
11-02-2006, 08:03 PM
but while i was eating like that i was lossing weigh saving money and i increased the amount of weight i can do for each exercise eg bench press,squats

So you lost weight because you were in an extreme caloric deficit. No surprise there.

Did you lift weights prior to starting this diet? If not, that would explain the gain in strength.

You seriously need to work on your diet.

Wizard
11-02-2006, 08:26 PM

Breakfast
None

Lunch
2 Double Cheese Burgers
Medium Fries and Coke

Dinner
None

What the??

So, the point is that he wants to lose weight by lowering his caloric intake but he doesn't want to leave the junk food aside. Technically, it is possible but it's obviously not the best way to preserve as much muscle mass as possible. Skipping breakfast is also really unhealthy.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-02-2006, 08:53 PM
but while i was eating like that i was lossing weigh saving money and i increased the amount of weight i can do for each exercise eg bench press,squatsAgain...stop eating like crap and start thinking about your health. Seriously. Nothing justifies a horrid diet. You will thank yourself later for eating well.

Max Thunder
11-03-2006, 08:53 AM
You can also cut yourself a leg: it is just as healthy as this diet, but it works faster.

Edit: I was not implying that you have to eat the leg.