PDA

View Full Version : Egg whites

Howard 9
10-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Just want some advice on these, gonna start putting them in my diets. First could someone link me to the nurtional facts of an egg white? And how do you guys cook yours? Hard Boiled, Over Easy and not eat yolk, etc?
Thanks for the help.

Stumprrp
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
if you bulking, DEFFINATLY eat the whole egg, if your cutting, same. If you really want to use egg whites which are good also, just cook em up in the pan like scrambled, there nice that way

getfit
10-30-2006, 08:15 PM
i boil them or make an egg white omlette.

http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/generic-egg-white-raw-fresh-without-yolk-29416.htm

Howard 9
10-30-2006, 08:16 PM
if you bulking, DEFFINATLY eat the whole egg, if your cutting, same. If you really want to use egg whites which are good also, just cook em up in the pan like scrambled, there nice that way
Yeah, but isn't the yolk bad for you?

Stumprrp
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Nope, healthy fats!

shootermcgavin7
10-31-2006, 05:43 AM
Yeah, but isn't the yolk bad for you?

No.

Jorge Sanchez
10-31-2006, 06:47 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone ever made French Toast with egg whites?

pepsihatman
10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone ever made French Toast with egg whites?

Yea, but it tasted better with yolks.

Max Thunder
10-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Egg yolks are one of the best food in the world. It just sucks that so many people shunned it because of the stupid cholesterol scare. It is extremely rich in fat soluble nutrients and in a ton of other stuff good for your nervous system.

pepsihatman
10-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Egg yolks are one of the best food in the world. It just sucks that so many people shunned it because of the stupid cholesterol scare. It is extremely rich in fat soluble nutrients and in a ton of other stuff good for your nervous system.

As I recall, sat. fat has more to do with your body's production of cholesterol, than what most people ever take in.

Also, what fat soluable vitamins are in yolks?

Howard 9
10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Wow egg yolks are good for you? Another stupid myth I thought before I came here. Thanks guys.

shootermcgavin7
10-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow egg yolks are good for you?

Egg yolks have all of the vitamin A, D and E in the egg. Dietary cholesterol doesn't have nearly as much of an impact on your blood cholesterol levels as saturated fat does.

malkore
11-01-2006, 11:27 AM
i've even seen a study that showed the lecithin in egg whites counteracts the body's ability to absorb some of the cholesterol in egg yolks...further enforcing that egg yolks ain't bad for ya!

teaturtle
11-01-2006, 12:38 PM
so like 2 cups egg whites (approx. 8 eggs) for a breakfast isnt too bad?

dxkj
11-01-2006, 01:05 PM
so like 2 cups egg whites (approx. 8 eggs) for a breakfast isnt too bad?

8 egg whites should only be around 130-160 calories. If that is enough or not enough for breakfast depends on you.

billymac76
11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
so in eating eggs your looking to get more of the vitamins than anything.. protein wise their not all that abundant.

HahnB
11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Eggs are great, but personally they just aren't calorie dense enough for me to include them in a bulking diet. At least not on a regular basis. I might have some for breakfast on occasion. I like my scrambled-but it's a lot of preparation for only a few hundred calories.

rugby1001
11-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Eggs are great, but personally they just aren't calorie dense enough for me to include them in a bulking diet. At least not on a regular basis. I might have some for breakfast on occasion. I like my scrambled-but it's a lot of preparation for only a few hundred calories.
bump on that

Murmur
11-02-2006, 02:55 AM
Usually while bulking I'll have the whole egg. While cutting, I almost always only have the whites.

A regular egg is about 70 calories, 6g protein and 5g fat.

The white itself contains about 4g of protein and none of the fat.

shootermcgavin7
11-02-2006, 03:55 AM

If you make your omelette with enough meat & cheese, you're good to go on ~800-1000 cals.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-02-2006, 11:36 AM
:withstupi

I always make egg burritos with extra stuff in the mix. Be creative people. :bang:

Alex.V
11-02-2006, 02:08 PM

Eh. Take a big carton of egg beaters (One of the 15 serving ones), pour the whole thing into a pan, let it sit, throw in some pesto, cheese, and sliced chicken, fold twice, serve. You've got a 600 calorie breakfast with around 150 grams of protein.

Which is really completely unnecessary, but you could totally clear an entire room with the gas you'll get. That's worth it right there.

teaturtle
11-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Eh. Take a big carton of egg beaters (One of the 15 serving ones), pour the whole thing into a pan, let it sit, throw in some pesto, cheese, and sliced chicken, fold twice, serve. You've got a 600 calorie breakfast with around 150 grams of protein.

Which is really completely unnecessary, but you could totally clear an entire room with the gas you'll get. That's worth it right there.

holy **** hahahahah, that's a HUGE omelette. I dont think I could even fit it on a pan..

eggs are awesome by the way. don't ever underestimate them lolol. they help me get a lot of my calories in. you gotta eat more than one though..jeez.