PDA

View Full Version : How much chicken equals 1 can of tuna fish?

unstop
10-31-2006, 05:33 PM
One of my meals consists of 1 whole can of tuna fish on pita bread. All I'm looking to do is replace this can of tuna fish with chicken breast. To do this, I need to figure out how much (cooked) chicken I would need to eat to equal about the same calories/protein I was getting from the can of tuna fish.

Here's how the can of tuna breaks down:

1 Whole Can: 140 grams
Calories: 175
Protein: 37 grams

The chicken I'm eating is skinless and boneless and will be grilled. So, if I'm figuring this out correctly, I would need to eat about 110 grams of cooked chicken breast (skinless/boneless) to just about equal 1 full can of tuna fish.

I thought I had this right for sure, but I started to doubt my math when I weighed out 110 grams of cooked chicken to see what it looked like. I dunno, it just seemed hard to believe that this amount of chicken equaled the calories/protein of a full can of tuna.

So, if someone could possibly double check this for me... that would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

manowar669
11-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Shouldn't be too much different in weight. I think you're probably right since the chicken would have less water (lighter). 5oz would be about right, doing a quick math estimate (metric conversion), it's around 110-120g.