PDA

View Full Version : Dec 2nd Childrens' Christmas Classic Charity Bench meet Reminder

bigbadwolfe
10-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey just wanted to remind everyone about the Charity meet on Dec 2nd in Celina Ohio at Breakaway Rec Plex.

Get your entries in ASAP!!! I have just got a whole bunch of goodies from At Large Nutrition, Inzer, & House of Pain to be given away as prizes and as door prizes!!! Plus possibly a few other things in the works!

Got a few entries in so far but I need more, this event is gonna be for a good cause so if nothing else just come hangout!!! But I'd love to see as many people as possible lifting!!!

NickW
10-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey just wanted to remind everyone about the Charity meet on Dec 2nd in Celina Ohio at Breakaway Rec Plex.

Get your entries in ASAP!!! I have just got a whole bunch of goodies from At Large Nutrition, Inzer, & House of Pain to be given away as prizes and as door prizes!!! Plus possibly a few other things in the works!

Got a few entries in so far but I need more, this event is gonna be for a good cause so if nothing else just come hangout!!! But I'd love to see as many people as possible lifting!!!

I will be a guest lifter at this meet, and if you come to this meet I promise you will get to see a 650lb raw bench (as long as I am healthy/injury free, lol)!

bigbadwolfe
11-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Plus me doing 500 for 10 paused reps RAW!!! Jay Fry doing some raw lifts and Laura" My little Buddy" Phelps tearing some **** up also!!!

Plus did I mention the prizes and Nick Winters and myself as the Card Guys in Leopard print thongs :) Oh OK just blew that surprise,Dang it sorry guys!!! Hahaha that was a bad thought!!!!

Wolfy!!!!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Good luck with your meet.

That's awesome Inzer, Atlargenutrition & House of Pain are giving goodies to the lifters.

Please support the companies that support you.

J.T. HALL
http://atlargenutrition.com/jt_hall.php

emjlr3
11-01-2006, 02:51 PM
ohio, too bad, yall should come to MD sometime

chris mason
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Go to the meet and see some of the strongest benchers in the world! Nick and Mike are FREAKS!!! Laura is an incredible strength athlete as well!

bill
11-01-2006, 05:55 PM
J.T. looking at some of your accomplishments. Impressive lifts!

NickW
11-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump

bigbadwolfe
11-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the Bump Nick :)

WBBIRL
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Perhaps in an amazing display of strength I could roll the bar across the floor with 650 on it? Is there an entry for that?

Good luck with this charity bench meet!

bigbadwolfe
11-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Only if you are gonna deadlift it once you get it to the platform :) Thanks for the good wishes :)

Wolfy!!!

Fuzzy
11-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh man, would there be a junior thing?

Id love to attempt a 400 or maybe even 500 dead... but Im several thousand miles away...

bigbadwolfe
11-04-2006, 02:32 AM
WE have a teen division, so get on that plane and be here :) It is funny but I do havea guy that is spose to be coming in from Miami Florida. I had to question him on it then hetold me his family lives in Toledo and he'll be home that week from Florida. Oh well I'm stil telling people he came for the meet :)

NickW
11-05-2006, 08:03 AM
bump

NickW
11-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Bump again

Bob
11-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Nick.. we've already seen that 625 BP with a torn pec (freakin amazing!)
And some of us were lucky enough to see you do 650 @ NERB..
How about a 660 Raw BP or even 675? :windup:
I think you have it in you!!

bigbadwolfe
11-06-2006, 07:13 PM
I think he does to, and oif he decides to go for that at the Show I'll have vid of it. Hell i'll have vid of all his, mine, Jays and Laura's any ways. I'll make sure to post them.

Wolfy!!!

waynedang
11-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Good luck with the meet! Sounds like it is going to be great!

NickW
11-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey Nick.. we've already seen that 625 BP with a torn pec (freakin amazing!)
And some of us were lucky enough to see you do 650 @ NERB..
How about a 660 Raw BP or even 675? :windup:
I think you have it in you!!

We'll see what I can do, lol. If there are enough people there I might be able to be talked into going heavier ;)

Bob
11-07-2006, 06:38 PM
We'll see what I can do, lol. If there are enough people there I might be able to be talked into going heavier ;)
I can't make it on-site.. but perhaps if Wolfy sets up a charity fund though PayPal or something online.. we can get some contributions to see that max effort!!

We have faith in you Nick!!

NickW
11-07-2006, 06:54 PM
I can't make it on-site.. but perhaps if Wolfy sets up a charity fund though PayPal or something online.. we can get some contributions to see that max effort!!

We have faith in you Nick!!

That would work, we'll see what Wolfy can do!

NickW
11-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Bump

NickW
11-09-2006, 09:20 AM
This is for a good cause people, you need to come out to this meet. Its going to be a lot of fun, there are going to be great prizes, great guest lifters, and if enough people show up or donate money I will go for 675.

NickW
11-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Bumpage

chris mason
11-13-2006, 05:49 AM
Ok, who is going? We need some benchers in the house to step up!

ritz600
11-13-2006, 06:45 AM
i going to try to lift if my shoulder will let me!:bang: :strong:

ryan oneal
11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Hope to bench 450@165 class. I think I could hit it if I have some competition.:thumbup:

bigbadwolfe
11-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey guys got more goodies for the goodie bag :) Yeah it is gonna Rock!!!
Wolfy!!!!

smokinHawk
11-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Hope to bench 450@165 class. I think I could hit it if I have some competition.:thumbup:
sent my registration in and will be lifting in the 165 class, but doubt ill give you any competition. Ill probably just end up benching raw again.

Laura Phelps
11-15-2006, 02:44 PM
See you all there! :strong:

smokinHawk
11-16-2006, 05:02 AM
See you all there! :strong:
are you going to do any demonstration lifts, or just come to watch/support?
I'm also curious what have you benched raw (if you have):thumbup:

ryan oneal
11-16-2006, 11:03 AM
sent my registration in and will be lifting in the 165 class, but doubt ill give you any competition. Ill probably just end up benching raw again.
Well that is IF I get down to 165! It should be cool just to have competitors in that weight class. Don't want to start any drama, but why raw again? I assume you have lifted equiped before? I would need some help getting into my shirt.....maybe you could help a fellow 165er out?

Laura Phelps
11-16-2006, 11:51 AM
are you going to do any demonstration lifts, or just come to watch/support?
I'm also curious what have you benched raw (if you have):thumbup:

Yep, I will be doing a little lifting, and also watching and supporting. I am not sure what my raw bench is. I never do 1 rep raw maxes. Seems life I always have something on the bar, whether it be bands, chains, boards, cambered bar, kettlebells, etc... : )

smokinHawk
11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Well that is IF I get down to 165! It should be cool just to have have lifted equiped before? I would need some help getting into my shirt.....maybe you could help a fellow 165er out?
main reason im going raw is the shirt i bench with an inzer blast is it's too loose to give me any gains on the bench, as ive done 350 in competition with it and 345 without, i use it just to prevent injuries.
i got a titian F6 i wanted to learn to bench with but i havent found the groove or spent enough time with it to bench more then i do raw.

right now im a 168lb hungry guy, so i got a few more pounds to drop, and thanksgiving is comming up tuttut but i should make it pretty easy.
Im sure i could help you out if needed, there should be a few of my friends from my old gym commng to lift there, we're all trying to lift in dedication of a friend of ours that passed away from cancer last month :(

smokinHawk
11-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Yep, I will be doing a little lifting, and also watching and supporting. I am not sure what my raw bench is. I never do 1 rep raw maxes. Seems life I always have something on the bar, whether it be bands, chains, boards, cambered bar, kettlebells, etc... : )
ok, cool, im eager to see you lift, maybe you can give us wimpy boys some tips lol.
any reps 2's, 3's or 4's raw? or just chains, bands and junk with that too?

NickW
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
I am wondering if anyone would be willing to do performance based donations toward this cause (ex. if I bench 650, donate $10; if I bench 675, donate $15; if I hit 700, donate $20)? If anyone is interested I will get Wolfy to post up the address where the money can be sent.

I will post vids up right away so those who decide to donate can see how I performed.

Thanks!

smokinHawk
11-24-2006, 07:02 AM
is there a cost for spectators?

bigbadwolfe
11-24-2006, 11:31 AM
There will be no admission fee but I will have a doantion box set up for anyone wishing to make a small donation of a couple bucks at the door.

Hope everyone can make it that is wanting to come we will have fun. No pressure everyone can take there time and we will just go in and have a blast and try and hit some PR's.

Wolfy!!!!

NickW
11-28-2006, 11:09 AM
There will be no admission fee but I will have a doantion box set up for anyone wishing to make a small donation of a couple bucks at the door.

Hope everyone can make it that is wanting to come we will have fun. No pressure everyone can take there time and we will just go in and have a blast and try and hit some PR's.

Wolfy!!!!

Mike, Goatboy (Mike) and a guy I train with at Quads (Erik) plan on comming to the meet, have they contacted you yet? They want to pay the entry fee at the meet if thats ok with you.

smokinHawk
12-03-2006, 12:51 PM
The spotters there couldnt add, i just got done looking at the videos and on my thrid attempt i was suppose to do 350, it was actually 360lbs, no wonder i choked! (45+100+100+35+35+10+10+10+10+2.5+2.5=360)
also When i spotted Dan (3rd place for the masters) the bar was loaded uneven with an extra 5 lbs.

but other then that the meet went well, im working on uploading the videos
I took first in the lightweight division, wish there was some better competition though

bigbadwolfe
12-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Johnathan sorry about the misload, it happens. If you would of caught it sooner I would of given you lift over. Again sorry!!!

But as for the most part the meet ran exceptionally well. We was well on time the meet started right at 12:05 and we handed the last trophies out at 3:15 pm. 34 lifters total in and out in about 3 and a half hours. I myslef was pleased with the turn out and glad that everyone attended.

I made afew mistakes that only myself can take blame for, one being not having a load chart for the loaders and spotters. So even with out a load chart to only have a couple small misloads I am totally fine with that.

We had a good range of lifters from beginner to the seasoned vets. The biggest bench was 700 pounds and the biggest attempt was 750.

Laura Phelps did 405 for a single, Nick Winters SMOKED 650 easily, and I myslef did a very UGLY 500 for 8 reps. Guess no matter how much you train it really is not a good idea to guest lift at your own meet. Lack of sleep, food, and just being to busy looking over other stuff makes you not so interested in lifitng.

I will get vids up soon as possible!!!!

Take care and thanks all for coming we raised about $400 and a TON of toys for the Charity.

Wolfy!!!!!

Stumprrp
12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
500 x 8 is not ugly mike, not at all, i dont care if you thrusted your ass like you were making love, it still owns.

bigbadwolfe
12-03-2006, 05:39 PM
LOL!!!! The last few I did some really good Love thrust :) Hahaha!!!!

Bob
12-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Congrats Wolfy...
Where & to whom do we send the check for Nick making the 650?

bigbadwolfe
12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Make it out to OUR Home and you can sned it to me at:

Mike Wolfe
310 West Market St
Apt 1
Celina Ohio 45822

Thanks for all who send in a donation

smokinHawk
12-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Johnathan sorry about the misload, it happens. If you would of caught it sooner I would of given you lift over. Again sorry!!!

alot my fault too, I got lazy and didnt want to take a minute and calculate the weight was just trying to get my mind into the lift, im not used to those 100lb plates lol. Glad I caught Dans uneven load though and got it fixed.