PDA

View Full Version : New to this

runstopwalk
10-31-2006, 11:46 PM
Day 0 :help:

I decided its time for a change. I have nothing but time on my hands now that I joined the military.

Weight : 155
I bought whey protein and Hydroxy cut "hardcore" haven't taken the whey yet.

I have been going to the gym and every other day mon-fri working arms and chest but nothing has changed. Here are some pictures, what do I need to do to achieve a somewhat cut but not scrawny physique? I will start a diet of salads and healthy stuff tomorrow and do sprints before work since I live right next to the track. I believe I have a long way to go. What kind of time am I looking at for some improvement with my body type?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/m1k387/Picture001.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/m1k387/Picture002.jpg

Built
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Squats? Deadlifts?

What do you do for your legs and your back?

runstopwalk
10-31-2006, 11:52 PM
The only thing I have been doing for my back is this almost reverse crunch but its for your back. I don't know what all the exercises are or what I should do. This guy in the gym said to just work my arms and chest and it would slowly do my chest. Ive been doing just free weights for the most part.

Built
11-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Okay, you just described hyperextensions.

Please read WBB1 and start there.

DumbellDude
11-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Good that you started a journal!
you will find a wealth of information in the forums. As Built pointed out, WBB1 is an exelent starting point. Read it, comprehend it, do it. Changes are not visible over a short period of time. It takes effort, determination, and patience. www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html is a good reference for exercises. I understand your goal is to increase lean body mass, so you will need to find a balance between weight training, cardio, and diet. www.fitday.com is an excelent website to check your diet. In each forum there are stickies - read them first. If you don't find the answers there, do a search. Most likely your questions have already been answered.

EDIT - judging from the pics, I would not worry about bodyfat, you seem pretty lean

runstopwalk
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Well today I bought a rice steamer and brown rice and regular oatmeal for breakfast the non sugared stuff. Tonight Ill go do weights before bed. I ran last night and this morning. Ill go ahead and read into that WBB1 Stuff.