PDA

View Full Version : Corn masters journal

cornmaster
11-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Ive never really had a solid routine before, always trained off and on, with the exeption of overtraining bench.
My diet kinda sucks right now, but i will do the best i can until i get more money.

I thought i would post my new workout log here so people can comment.

Anyway just had two big homemade cheese burgers and did a workout.
Here it is.
I havent done deadlifts for ages and thought i would start out with light weight and also my neck has just gotten over an injury.

cornmaster
11-02-2006, 08:02 AM
BACK
Warmup 55 Kilo/122 pounds - 10 reps.
First set 75 Kilo/166 pounds - 8 reps. Damn that was hard can do way more for 1RM but that was hard, shows how out of shape i am.
Second set 85 Kilo/189 pounds - 6 reps. Really felt this one.

Sadly im out of my asthma medicine so before i have an asthma attack im going to have to stop.

What a great start to my routine :(

OneBadUnit
11-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey there !!

I feel you on the "out of shape" feeling; I was in the same boat, not to long ago. This site, and the people here, definately got me back on the right track.

As many would probably post (I'll take this one); definately check out WBB1 (http://wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25) and follow that routine to get back into the swing. I did it for about 12 weeks and saw amazing results and felt awesome !! I did about 75% of my 1 rep max to start and just kind of scaled it from there so I was sure to be able to complete the sets and feel spent after I was finished.

As far as eating, try out FitDay (http://fitday.com/) to help track your I/O. I also found, that when I got back into the gym and eating right, I spent WAY less money, on good foods from the grocery store, than I did at fast food joints.

Hope this helps. Take it slow and easy at first, you'll be there in no time.

**Also, it would help on feedback, if you posted the exercises you were doing too, along with the weights :o)

cornmaster
11-02-2006, 09:22 AM
I will start WW1.
But a few questions.
I train at home so i cant do barbell bench press as i have no spotter, but i will be moving city soon where i will have a spotter.
My chiropractor said i have a level 1 subluxation in my neck and that i cant do shrugs.
I also cant squat due to a bad hip.

Without these exercises will this still work?

OneBadUnit
11-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Personally, I'd consult an Orthpoedic Doc who specializes in spine to ask about the subluxation (dislocation) and see waht they think versus a chiropractor.

As far as the hip? Grab the lower extremity doc while you are seeing the spine expert and ask for a referal to Physical Therapy if your insurance covers. I was an orthopedic tech before I switched careers into IT, I saw some amazing surgeries and recoveries after some bad injuries.