PDA

View Full Version : How much sugar is acceptable?

Clarinet_star
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I am trying to cut and I know that sugar is the enemy. However, I'm not sure, in grams, how much sugar is acceptable daily.

For example, in the morning I like to eat Kashi Go Lean cereal (with a teaspoon of PB, yum) to get some protein, carbs, and fat before my workout. However, the cereal has 6g of sugar, and the milk has another 4g in 1/3 cup. Also, to keep my calorie intake low, I snack on raw veggies in the afternoon, but there are sugars in carrots. Is fruit out of the question completely? Even low-fat cottage cheese has sugar in it... Ahhhhhh.

How neurotic do I need to be?

Slim Schaedle
11-03-2006, 11:05 AM
The best answer to this question is for you to read the nutrition articles on the main page. Some of them discuss what you want to know.

And the real answer is that there is no set limit/amount.

Wizard
11-03-2006, 12:17 PM
You don't have to be neurotic at all. Your sugar intake is very low and some complex or even simple carbohydrates are not gonna harm you.

WildJames
11-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I am in the same boat as you. I love Kashi cereal for breakfast every morning, it keeps me full throughout the day and helps reduce any chance of binge eating. The way I look at it (and I'm not an expert), is if you're avoiding processed sugars from crap/garbage food, you shouldn't worry too much about good foods like the ones you mentioned containing sugar. It's not something you can totally avoid; I doubt that would be a good thing anyway.