PDA

View Full Version : First max, 300 bench...

Fuzzy
11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Im happy, it was my first real max out, but thought might as well try one.

SOloaded up the bar, pushed up went down, and then pushed back again.

It was hard, but I think I hgave another 20 or so pounds in me, I aint gonna max out till late December, and the next time it will be all the Big 3.

Then Im putting my ass in a powerlifting comp!

deeder
11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Wait... So did you bench 300 or are you saying you're gonna hit three hundred next time?

Edit:
Either way that's freaking impressive for your age! Was it touch-and-go or with a pause? Ever think of competing? You'd turn a few heads lifting that kind of weight at your age!

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Yes, I did the 300, well 308 to be axact

Shifty
11-04-2006, 01:18 AM
does this mean that you got one of the goals in your signature? the bench press 4x100kg one. Motivational stuff.

As you said, get your ass in a powerlifting comp!

VariantInterval
11-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Awesome! Me and you are on the same page. I just maxed for about 300 as well. ::high five::

nhlfan
11-04-2006, 02:20 AM
holy hell, I had no idea you moved that kind of weight. congrats man.

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 04:15 AM
wow, lol, so thats good, i mean, yeah its a fair weight... but im seeing dudes easily ripping more than this.

So, I didnt say anything about it for a while, cause didnt think it was a big deal.

Im hoping for a 440 dealift attempt soon... let you know how that one goes.

As to the actual attempt, I had 3 mates help me out, slowly brought it down till it was barely above my chest, and i tried to recall all the stuff Id read about maxouts, hold it tight, 'imagine ur pulling the bar apart.' I took a gigantic breath and pushed, it went up clean but aganisingly slow, i concetrated on making sure everything stayed even and smooth.

Stumprrp
11-04-2006, 06:50 AM
jeez dude, u bench the same as me at 14 yrs old, fricken super job!

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Feels head expand thanks to gigantic ego boost*
Pop*

It just deflated... I looked at a pic of Mike Wolf :D

Hehe, competeing is definitely on my to do list, just have to convince mum, and get my damn squatting up.

Bob
11-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Congrats Fuzzy... that's a big weight for a 14 yr old...
Don't look at Wolfy's numbers yet.. remember, he is twice your age and twice your size.. well, he is losing weight, but he was over 400 when he set he BP max.

Keep lifting heavy & hard..

Guido
11-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Nice job, esp. at 14. You need to change your goals, buddy.

deeder
11-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Nice job, esp. at 14. You need to change your goals, buddy.

Agreed.. You should have only one goal now.

To become the strongest man EVER!

Or you know... Just add that to your list ;)

SaVvY
11-04-2006, 03:52 PM
how long have you been lifting?

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 05:25 PM
This time last year, after a massive weight loss, the rowing coach took me under his wing and started me on some easy machine circuits, 4 months later, and about 10 extra pounds, he put me on an all freeweights and let me go crazy, so here I am, 8 months later, it took me three to get into it, and 4-5 of wich have been full serious perfect eating and sleeping, and great gains.

At first I weighed 250, got down to 175, put on 30 in mostly muscle, and now Im sitting at a happy 200 since rowing started and Im dropping alot of fat.

I know alot of people think I should just go powerlifting, but rowing means alot to me, and I dont think many will understand, rowing and wieghts basically define who I am "Oh yeah, Firas, that big Lebanese kid who broke the 1k and 1.5k state record on an ergo, he basically pulls the whole boat himself. Hes such an idiot, he just spends his entire time in a gym, or reading up about it on some stupid sites' etc etc. ANd im cool with that, atleast I have enough self respect to have a drive and aims in my life, were as they are preoccupied with getting a girl drunk and jerking off.

I owe alot to rowing, and it would be impossible for me to stop untill I finish school.

Now, as for a deadlift attempt, 440 sound good folks? FIgured might as well make it an even 200kg.

With squatting, I dont like squats, and I need a bit more time to perfect it, before I go screwing aroud with a max.

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 05:51 PM
WWWWOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO

I just convinced mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUZ IS GOING POWERLIFTING BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deeder
11-04-2006, 06:09 PM

Nice! Got any competitions in mind? Be sure to post a link to your results when you do compete!

Bob
11-04-2006, 06:19 PM

Great.. now update your signature
When you blow past goals like you did.. you gotta set new ones..

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I have no idea, Im trying to research for some now, and I think Im goign to have to go interstate, wich will be a bitch.

Id prefer a few under 16 comps, than competing with under 18s.

But the experience will be worth it, plus, getting your ass kicked is very inspirational.

Right now, Im thinking I want to drop my fat a bit so that I can compete in 176/85kg dive, or somethign a little lighter. Mass gains will be hard for me, cause of rowing, but come next May... muhahahaha

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Great.. now update your signature
When you blow past goals like you did.. you gotta set new ones..

No, not yet, Im gradually dropping reps over a 5 month program to allow my body to gradually get used to the heavier weight.

I think I could come very close to most of my goals right now, but Im taking my time, and making sure Im all comfortable, with the heavier load sin the lower rep range.

Its not about were I will be in 10 months, its were I will be in 10 years. Hopefully a 250 pound beast with no health problems.

Im in no rush, I have my goals, and Ill ease into them at a controlled pace.

im in the 6-8, ill then rop it to the 5-7 range, then lowere it to 4-6 in 8 weeks blocks.

Once I have reached those goals, at the rate that I deem good and comfortable for MY body, then, come next May, Fuz is gonna gain 20 pounds.

WBBIRL
11-04-2006, 09:24 PM
308 bench at 200 pounds is pretty damn beastly man, im 100 pounds heavier then you and im 5 years older and just bench a wee bit more.

Sexybeast777
11-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow, you are strong for your age!!!!!

Stumprrp
11-04-2006, 10:01 PM
440 deadlift is crazy, get some videos of these lifts, and please, get your squat form down and start squattin, lol

Fuzzy
11-04-2006, 10:11 PM
defintely try to video the deadlift, but i wont attempt a max out for 2 months.

So your just gonna have to wait, last thing Id want is people calling me a liar...

Im actually fairly confident about the deadlift...

Damn squats...

Stumprrp
11-04-2006, 10:29 PM
nah its cool i believe you man im just intrigued by it, learn to love the squats bro.