PDA

View Full Version : Snicker's VS. Protein Bar?

teaturtle
11-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Okay someimes I get cravings for chocolate (like once a year lol) so I was wondering if it would be better to go with those store bought protein bars or just say to hell with it and have a real snicker's or twix bar?

and before anyone tells me to make my own protein bars, i can't follow directions good and i cant really cook. and when I have a craving i want me something GOOD and tasty.. so which is it gonna be?

getfit
11-05-2006, 10:13 AM
just have dark chocolate instead,healthier.

teaturtle
11-05-2006, 10:21 AM
i dont like chocolate by itself. i dont even like chocolate much, i just have a sweet tooth and sometimes want something with chocolate in it.

getfit
11-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd rather have chocolate brownies then,that's just me :D

teaturtle
11-05-2006, 10:24 AM
you have a recipe? :/

getfit
11-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Chocolate Brownie Recipe

Sometimes we just have to get our dose of chocolate (hey, it’s got tons of antioxidants!) Baking your own homemade brownies let you stay in control of the calories. With this recipe you can have your brownie cake and eat it, too. Using applesauce cuts down the need for butter/margarine in half, and all that Splenda makes these brownies a lot lower calories and carbs. The result? A sweet and satisfying cakey brownie. Guilt-free dessert? Pretty close. Just remember – all things in moderation.

Ingredients

2/3 cup flour

2/3 cup Splenda

1/3 cup cocoa powder

1/3 cup margarine

1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 teaspoon baking powder

¼ tsp salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix flour, Splenda, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set this dry mix aside.

Blend eggs, margarine and vanilla together. Add and blend applesauce.

Slowly add dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Mix well.

Grease a 9x9 or 8" circular baking pan (look below for more suggestions).

Pour brownie mix into baking pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick or knife to the center comes out clean.

Cool at room temperature, then eat or refrigerate brownies.

Serving ideas

Bake the brownie mix in a mini muffin pan for delicious, portion controlled treats.

Add 1/3 cup crushed walnuts to the brownie mix before baking.

getfit
11-05-2006, 10:27 AM
i've tried these, and they came out pretty darn good.

teaturtle
11-05-2006, 10:34 AM
think theyd still taste good if i added some vanilla nitrean?

getfit
11-05-2006, 10:35 AM
i don't see why not.Try it.

teaturtle
11-05-2006, 10:39 AM
ok thank you:)

getfit
11-05-2006, 11:52 AM
NP.Let us know how they turn out :)

Holto
11-05-2006, 12:06 PM
i can't follow directions good and i cant really cook

If you can read you can cook.

Sometimes I follow directions wrong. Usually the result is still edible and I can tell what I did wrong.

Anytime you make changes to your diet you will have to learn to cook new things. Going from an average citizen to a strength athlete is going to require some changes.

deeder
11-05-2006, 02:14 PM
If you can read you can cook.

Sometimes I follow directions wrong. Usually the result is still edible and I can tell what I did wrong.

Anytime you make changes to your diet you will have to learn to cook new things. Going from an average citizen to a strength athlete is going to require some changes.

Unless you cook really easy stuff... Like eggs, toast, oatmeal and tuna sandwiches :p

Ok... I can't cook :(

RedSpikeyThing
11-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Once a year? Eat them damn snickers.

11-05-2006, 05:21 PM

thats what i was gonin to say whatever will get rid of the craving for the longest!!

Levantar
11-05-2006, 05:35 PM
x3

Stumprrp
11-05-2006, 05:41 PM
as a matter of fact, eat 2 snickers!

teaturtle
11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
hahaha ok thanks guys.

im still gonna try those brownies mmm

500squat
11-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Hmmmm nothing better than brownies and a cold glass of milk!

SpecialK
11-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Looking at the nutrition labels of most protein bars, you might as well eat the protein bar. Most of them are just candy bars + 30g of protein.

teaturtle
11-06-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah, i had one of the other day (i was SO hungry even on a bulk..) and it tasted so good. coure it could've been cause i could've eaten anything sweet lol.

piff
11-06-2006, 08:55 PM
If you want a great protein bar that actually tastes like a candy bar, try Myoplex Lite bars. The Chocolate Chip Crisp is awesome:drooling:

RedSpikeyThing
11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Looking at the nutrition labels of most protein bars, you might as well eat the protein bar. Most of them are just candy bars + 30g of protein.

Not really. They may contain the same number of carbs, but it's not from the same source.

teaturtle
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
If you want a great protein bar that actually tastes like a candy bar, try Myoplex Lite bars. The Chocolate Chip Crisp is awesome:drooling:

thats what i had, myoplex. it was peanut butter/chocolate though

Stumprrp
11-07-2006, 11:38 AM
the most awesome tasting bar ive had was this metrx weight gainer bar, 80 grams of carbs LOL i grabbed one post workout once on my way to play football, it was so good.

SpecialK
11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Not really. They may contain the same number of carbs, but it's not from the same source.

Most of the ones I have seen use "sugar alcohols" as their primary source. What exactly is the difference between sugar alcohols and sugar?

Also if you know of a bar that gets its carbs from oats or something, please share ;)

teaturtle
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Most of the ones I have seen use "sugar alcohols" as their primary source. What exactly is the difference between sugar alcohols and sugar?

Also if you know of a bar that gets its carbs from oats or something, please share ;)

I believe that Clif Builder's bars don't have sugar alcohols in them and contain organic rolled oats and oat fiber. Not sure the carbs are from the oats only though. They taste yummy however. :)

SpecialK
11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I believe that Clif Builder's bars don't have sugar alcohols in them and contain organic rolled oats and oat fiber. Not sure the carbs are from the oats only though. They taste yummy however. :)

Actually it appears those bars get most of their carbs from sugar:

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_cl037.htm

teaturtle
11-07-2006, 06:21 PM
:( sorry then.. they taste so good though ha

ddegroff
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_alcohol

This may help.

Sidior
11-08-2006, 10:14 AM

I vote twix