PDA

View Full Version : As promised photos 1 week before the competition.

derrick
11-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I am less than a week away and as ready as can be, I will
shed 3-4 pounds of water the last 24 hours which should
really pop out everything right down to the last vein:)

Right now I am struggling to keep from loosing any more weight. My energy level is boucing up and down because of my balancing act. I am
eating 300grams protein a day + 180-200 carbs + 20-30fat
all mostly fro low glycemic sources..roughly 2000-2300calories
a day.

My posing needs lots of work as you can see but I'll be ready.
The 5 latest pics are marked NOV-4.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/derrick_pyn/album?.dir=/f2bdre2

I'll post some stage pics when I get back next week.

Cheers

Sleepy Guy
11-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Good work. Where are the pictures taken? Where is the snow?

Davidelmo
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Looking awesome. Good luck with your show. What is your current height and weight? What class are you competing in?

Now please make more posts in the other forums and share your secrets! I'm not trying to rag on you so please dont take offence, but lots of people dont like it when guys only use this site to post their pictures on. You've only made 20 posts and I would bet most of them are in your own picture threads.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we want more workout, diet, supplement etc details please!

derrick
11-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Looking awesome. Good luck with your show. What is your current height and weight? What class are you competing in?

Now please make more posts in the other forums and share your secrets! I'm not trying to rag on you so please dont take offence, but lots of people dont like it when guys only use this site to post their pictures on. You've only made 20 posts and I would bet most of them are in your own picture threads.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we want more workout, diet, supplement etc details please!

Posting in one place saves me time and makes things simpler for
me..I really don't hours to spend spreading it around to different columns.

Good luck with your forums.

ArchAngel777
11-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Well... Certainly is impressive, however... Your pictures from a month ago had a better look. I guess I just found out there is such a thin as too lean after looking at your progress photos! Good luck! :D

Davidelmo
11-06-2006, 03:19 PM

Posting in one place saves me time and makes things simpler for
me..I really don't hours to spend spreading it around to different columns.

Good luck with your forums.

lol, you dont need to sound so offended.

I looked through your post history and yes you have given a little bit of detail of your diet and supplements etc but nothing about your workouts, how you bulk and cut, how you prep for a show etc. You didn't even put your height and weight at the start of this thread.

As people said in your other picture threads, you have a body that lots of people on this site are aiming for... I dont think that asking you to post some more details is unreasonable- and I'm sure that others are interested in, and would appreciate, hearing more info. You even offered your email address for people to ask your adivce.. why not make a couple threads for the benefit of everyone?

Is that really so much to ask?

Sidior
11-06-2006, 03:39 PM
lol, you dont need to sound so offended.

I looked through your post history and yes you have given a little bit of detail of your diet and supplements etc but nothing about your workouts, how you bulk and cut, how you prep for a show etc. You didn't even put your height and weight at the start of this thread.

As people said in your other picture threads, you have a body that lots of people on this site are aiming for... I dont think that asking you to post some more details is unreasonable- and I'm sure that others are interested in, and would appreciate, hearing more info. You even offered your email address for people to ask your adivce.. why not make a couple threads for the benefit of everyone?

Is that really so much to ask?

It is when he just wants members to say he is teh uber hot.

Davidelmo
11-07-2006, 11:34 AM
It is when he just wants members to say he is teh uber hot.

lol

Derrick, I'm not trying to put you off posting here. But like I said, lots of people have a body like yours set as their goal and lots of people would appreciate some info from you. A lot of people have mentioned in other threads that they would like to see people need a set minimum post count before they can post pictures. It's meant to discourage people from using these boards to whore their own pictures out or fish for compliments.

wnt2gitswoll
11-07-2006, 03:21 PM
IMO, too small of a waist makes you look wack lol. Thick muscular waist is the way to go.

KingJustin
11-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I actually thought you looked great. It's amazing how big a difference cutting makes. It looks like you went from "guy who works out every now and then" to "natural bodybuilder" within a couple months. Well done.

Just curious, but what's your height/weight? How much muscle do you think you lost from the start to the end of your cut?

Also, prior to the competition, do you eat above-maintenance for like 2-3 days? I know I always look a lot smaller when I'm in the middle of a cut as opposed to when I'm in the middle of a bulk (I think raised glycogen levels make your muscles fill up).

derrick
11-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi Guys: My post was a bit kurt (apologies)..thats the lack of carbs (mood swings) which is one negative side affect from cutting I asn't aware of till these past couple of weeks.

I just got back from the comp and did very well. I will find some time to catch up with some info and stage competition shots. Also I see some interesting comments which I will try and address...bear with me for a few days.

Davidelmo
11-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Awesome! I'm looking forward to the stage photos. Don't worry about your last post.. no apologies needed. Like I said, i wasn't criticising you.. i just want to pick your brain!

PettyFerrari
11-14-2006, 04:27 PM
You look great. Excellent dedication!

derrick
11-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Awesome! I'm looking forward to the stage photos. Don't worry about your last post.. no apologies needed. Like I said, i wasn't criticising you.. i just want to pick your brain!

Status New York City Internationals went as follows:
My posing wasn't great I made "alot" of mistakes which I was told likely cost me a 4th or possibly 3rd placing in the lightweights. All the guys were really close, but I should have beat the 4th placing for sure. Being my first show and and international one I am walking pretty tall so I feel good about how I did. To that end I will share most of my routine and diet..but I will retain some secrets as you can understand?:)

I narrilay missed a 5th place in the masters placing being shifted from center to 1 from the end in the first draft. I did place 5th in the light weight walking away with a trophy in hand. The show ran all day right up till midnight so I was zonked at the end. In fact I stood there with music in hand for my routine to which I wasn't called out to do...but by that time there was only about 100 people left out of a 1000 everyone went home..lol.
I learned a hugh amount and feel much more confident about my next shot.

Love New York City of all the places I've been it's the greatest for things to do..so to those reading this and living there Kudos I look forward to next years visit!

Ruffian
11-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Very good!

Its always interesting to see the progress shots, your back definately looks like it is your best feature btw. Was that your first competition? If so, you definately did well. I look forward to seeing more from you on the boards!

derrick
11-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Contest pics attached...diet+routine to follow.

derrick
11-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Very good!

Its always interesting to see the progress shots, your back definately looks like it is your best feature btw. Was that your first competition? If so, you definately did well. I look forward to seeing more from you on the boards!
my first competition. Ironically the fellow that was giving me the
hardest time in the gym didn't place in iether the masters or his
category. We both entered the masters and were standing beside
each other in the masters on stage,..his posing was excellent as he
is a seasoned competitor so I decided to mimic him as he flexed when the judges asked us.

I made quite a few mistakes on stage..and even made up some
new poses (acidentally:). Though by mimicing my competitor I improved
on many poses and came within one competitor of placing 6th in the
masters out of 20.

derrick
11-27-2006, 08:03 PM
A short synopsis on my routine.
I tend to stay with 1 or twice a week per body part...heavy heavy weights 6-10 reps 3-4sets...rythm lifting tempoed to 1-1-2 or 2-1-3 with very focused and clean form with "strict" control rarel sheat. Once and awhile I will do 15-20 reps 1-3 sets just to throw everything off. Every 2-3 weeks I switch up the routine to do a different movement surrounding the same body part. 2-3 sometimes 4 exercises per body part.
I do cardio once a week and work my abbs 2-3 times aweek and started workingmy calves the same way.
Sometimes I do pyramiding..remember I just started last March and am feeling my way around. I have discovered variety is the trick..my muscles get over worked at times so I back off when they stop growing or begin to feel sore. My legs are troublesome an tend to be a difficult muscle set to get growth..which is frustrating as I am very strong there but have 24" quads and need to get up to 25 or 26 for symetry.

I eat 6-7 times a day..60pr+80carbs+15-20fat(per meal)..all from top quality food sources..lots of brown rice...yams..beef..turkey chicken sometimes fish.
Fish is just too boring. I take flax seed oil+liquid amino acid+cellmass+no-explode)occassionaly. Though I find a cup of coffee just before as effective
for focus.
Since the competition I have already put on a couple of pounds of muscle
my goal is 5lbs for March and 12-15 for next November.

If you would like specifics I'd be happy to answer.

Davidelmo
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the info derrick.

Whatever you did for cutting really worked well!

Like kingjustin said, you went from "guy who works out" to natural bodybuilder body fat pretty quickly.

Keep up the good work and best of luck with your next competition!

derrick
11-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info derrick.

Whatever you did for cutting really worked well!

Like kingjustin said, you went from "guy who works out" to natural bodybuilder body fat pretty quickly.

Keep up the good work and best of luck with your next competition!

I think the one thing I did over many others I spoke with was to "track" everything I ate over the 12 weeks of cutting, I wrote everything in a journal right down to the carbs in glutamine. I started by figuring out what my Lean body mass was and how may calories I used up doing nothing. From there I just added and subtracked protein/carbs and fat..kept looking in th mirror and jumped on the scale. I targeted where I wanted to be the day before figuring on 3-5 lbs of water loss.And hit the target bang on the morning I stepped on the scale at weigh in.

I had a cheat meal once a week (I could eat anything I wanted in one meal). As I got closer I dropped the cheat meal and stuck with lean chicken/turkey and "some" fish..but beef was out for the last 6 weeks before. I ate brown rice with a chicken cube thrown in the water while it cooked, yams, egg whites flax seed oil and pumpernickel bread along with dry oats. For insurance I took a mega vitamin every day and Isopure 2 a day.
With that in hand I was doing very heavy weights but that steadily declined as my body fat peeled off. I went from a 365lb max to 255lb.

The night before I went out and had a lean steak12 ounces(no spices) a baked potatoe glass of red wine and a peice of chocolate cake. The next morning my body roared up with hugh viens. The draw back was I sweated like hell on stage duting my first class. But that was ok because when I entered my own bodyweight class I had lost more water.
There were a couple of tricks I did 1 hour before going on stage as well
including eating a snickers bar.

During the last 2 weeks I thought the coolest thing was watching the vascularity pop..and having guys comment on how discusting it looked..lol. As I tanned up it really started to look cool..man during the last 4-5 days before you could see everything.

Now I have decided to add more size hopefully 4-6 lbs of muscle from now till March where I will cut for the April Carribean grand prix and come in "just" under my weight category I think I will do better especially when I get my posing down which sucked and cost me at least one placing.

Anyone else having this much fun doing this?

ddegroff
11-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Nice work Derrick!

I personally think your legs are too small (which you already adressed). The routine looks very interesting forsure. Seems like it works really well for you.

Nice work at the comp. Thats really impressive. As far as where to post what, there's a forum for everything. Nutrition/diet, Weightlifting, etc., I would suggest starting a journal. You can set goals, track your diet/routine, and people can stop by and see what your doing.