PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand the logic.

Jinkies
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
I was talking to a female bodybuilder at golds gym whose competed in about 12 shows but has yet to go pro. I was asking her about dieting tips for the future and she calculated it out for me.

I need 587 or so grams of protein to maintain my bodymass while cutting, I don't see how I can injest that much protein while cutting calories. Thats more then im getting now and im eating crazy ammounts.

Question is, how can I cut calories and add more protein so I don't lose my size.

RedSpikeyThing
11-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I don't know how she got those numbers, but the calculations around here are 1 lb/lb LBM

TestPolska
11-05-2006, 04:41 PM
To cut calories and add protein your going to have to get most if not all of your protein from extremely lean sources. IE: Tuna,Turkey,Egg whites, quality protein powder. Oh and cut carbs drastically.

Jinkies
11-05-2006, 04:42 PM
According to her with cutting you want to add more protein to maintain mass.

Everyones got their own opinion but she seemed very informed about everything; she spends alot of time around experienced pro's and has Ronnie Colemans cellphone number. I didn't ask for it or expect proof but I've seen pictures of them together.

Edit: She said don't worry to much about cutting carbs until you get into the last few weeks, she said once those are gone your lifts goes to **** and training while dieting becomes hell.

Beast
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
How did she calculate it? How much do you weigh?

Built
11-05-2006, 05:01 PM
And what is she on?

11-05-2006, 05:10 PM
And what is she on?

for real?!?!?!?!

i had to cut my carbs drastically when i was cutting- also my lifts didn't go to hell i atctually got stronger when cutting is was only till about the last two weeks when i lost strength but it came right back when i put carbs back into my diet

ancom41
11-06-2006, 01:14 PM
she spends alot of time around experienced pro's and has Ronnie Colemans cellphone number

Im in ronnie colemans "fav 5".

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
And what is she on?:withstupi

That's like...how much Jay Cutler ingests every day. :scratch:

Jinkies
11-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I've seen Jay Cutlers diet plan, acccording to his website and he was well over 800 grams of protein.

She was saying get about 2 grams per pound while cutting to maintain size.

Davidelmo
11-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Well 587 cals is 2348 calories. I imagine at your weight you would cut on more than that. If you actually want to eat that much protein and keep calories as low as possible, you're going to need to eat things that are almost 100% protein.