PDA

View Full Version : plyometrics

sean140
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
anybody know a plyometric workout routine for a wide reciever for football the season is over this year and i want to start getting ready for next year.

Isaac Wilkins
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Most of the gains you'll see from plyometric training will take place in 6-8 weeks, so now's not really the time to stress about plyometrics.

At this point in the offseason you should worry about getting stronger and improving your mechanics.

What's your total offseason plan?

Shifty
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM
it may be worth you checking out www.rossboxing.com if you are interested in plyometrics. His ideas are similar to www.crossfit.com but is more focused around conditioning and explosiveness.

A year is a long time though, so I would probably reccomend some sort of periodisation. Such as, 6 months pure weights, then bringing ins some conditioning then finishing with plyometrics.

droman
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
First i would recommend getting as strong as you can this winter then when the spring hits start the plyometrics they'll work better this way. you can find them on the exrx.net power workouts section on the left side that should be good enough for you there are also other numerous websites that have them just google it.

gator
11-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Why are plyometrics not good to do untill it gets closer to season? to me thats saying you should only start lifting weights 6-8 weeks in. With plyo's you can still get more explosive and get more fast twitch muscle fibers cant you?

Reala
11-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I would train plyo whenever you like personally...