PDA

View Full Version : deli meats ok for bulking?

honda2002civic
11-06-2006, 09:40 PM
i have heard that deli meats you should stay away from cause they put so much garbage into them. i really like honey turkey and ive looked into it at fitday and it says the protein content is pretty good. is it okay to eat this while im bulking as like a before sleep meal, or am i wasting my time with this stuff?

Questor
11-07-2006, 11:33 AM
I read this literally as I'm eating an enormous slab of deli meat for lunch. :bang:

Mik
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I read this literally as I'm eating an enormous slab of deli meat for lunch. :bang:

ROFL! I eat turkey and chicken from the deli whether I'm cutting or bulking. Maybe not as good as chix breast but I wouldn't sweat it.

Stumprrp
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
yeah, boars head makes a great cut of deli meat thats pretty good for you, i usually get roast beef or turkey

Unreal
11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't say it is bad, but there are much better options. Buying a chicken/ham/turkey and cooking it is cheaper and better for you.

RedSpikeyThing
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't say it is bad, but there are much better options. Buying a chicken/ham/turkey and cooking it is cheaper and better for you.

I'm all for the whole animals....I'm surprised so few people do it. I think it's even more convenient than chicken breasts because it's already cooked.

AzBboy
11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
With deli meats, your main concern is the high sodium content. In any case, your bulking so eat up.