PDA

View Full Version : loose fat midsection

ryan123321
11-07-2006, 01:35 AM
ok, first off i'm a 19 year old male. i used to be fat, approx. 5 foot 3, 180 pounds (i was 14/15 years old at that time). i lost weight the right way; i exercised, ate healthily, all that fun crap. now i'm 5'11ish and still phsyically developing (i was a late bloomer, the only reason i say so was because i'm curious if this could come into play with my question). anyways, i'm about 155 pounds, and i still exercise/lift weights and i'm in really good shape. my problem is, my abdominal area still has some "softness" to it. like fat/skin, but not really bad. just enough to see it move when i run or jump with my shirt off. i was wondering how i can get rid of this, or if it's just some leftovers from when i was overweight that will never go away. or maybe in time it will tighten as i continue to physically mature? anyways, any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

ShockBoxer
11-07-2006, 08:50 AM
The same way you lost all that weight in the first place. Diet time!

Even though you are really skinny already the only way to get rid of anything that jiggles is to eat less calories than you burn.

ddegroff
11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
^yup, just a little fat left.

reloaded
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Double check your diet first. When "eating healthy" you can still gain tons of weight. Did you eat below maint. calories per day? Sometimes tracking your diet and making slight adjustments can make all the difference in the world. Second, continue to lift weights and maybe add some ab work in there. Remember the abs are like any other muscle and shouldn't be overworked.

Stumprrp
11-07-2006, 11:38 AM
yep you gotta lose more weight bro, i went from 280 to 194 and STILL had a large hang, and i still have it, people carry in different places, and unfortuatly like me you carry in the mid.

DAN13L
11-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I was always curious about this as I am currently in the process of going from Sumo to Antek.

I was watching a TV show and this platic surgeon was saying that in EVERY single weight loss case, be in 5-100 kilograms, the loose skin has ALWAYS tightened up and that most plastic surgeons say otherwise in order to get more patients.

So have faith!

-Danny

ryan123321
11-12-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks everyone, i appreciate it :). i just dont wanna get skinnier lol.. i mean my physique is ok, but what i have to ask myself is do i want abs and be skinnier or really, how often do i take my shirt off? is it worth losing that little bit of fat to possibly look weaker and physically less appealing overall but gain a tighter stomach?

ShockBoxer
11-12-2006, 03:18 PM
That is the biggest choice at the start of things. Hell, I still ask myself every day.