PDA

View Full Version : What to eat when travelling

ianewilson
11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone else who travels as much as I do (gone for 2-3 days every week) has figured out how to keep eating clean on the road.

I try to eat chicken salads for dinner every night and eat protein bars and water durring the day (I am stuck on a construction all day usually) but I am never able to eat as well as I do when I'm home.

Any suggestions?

Mik
11-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Tuna, nuts, ww bread, p-nut butter, nitrean shakes, protein bars, raw veggies.....there are all kinds of stuff you can take with you. Can you pack a cooler? If so throw in some cooked chicken breasts, cooked flank steak, milk........

ianewilson
11-07-2006, 03:00 PM
I can't pack a cooler because I have to fly everywhere and the equipment that I take with me takes all of my luggage space. I basically have to stop at a grocery store and buy whatever I need.

I need to find some things that I can just carry in my pocket because I only have 5 minutes here or there. Not enough time to sit down and eat a real meal.

getfit
11-07-2006, 03:17 PM
nuts,dried fruit.I'm sure you can find some healthy snacks in a health food store.

Bob
11-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I've been there.. it's a tough road Iane.. I didn't succeed.. I gained 30 lbs of fat in 5 yrs traveling about 60-80%... and it doesn't help family/personal relationships either.

I travel about 20% now.. and I live with protein bars, dried fruit and almonds..
I know the protein bars aren't the best.. but when there is nothing but greasy food around, they are better. And I was carrying around Nitrean in plastic bags, until the recent airport security snafus.. so I buy lots of chocolate milk at convience stores.

Good luck..

teaturtle
11-07-2006, 06:30 PM
..atleast youre trying. that's something.
:)

ianewilson
11-08-2006, 06:39 AM
I appreciate your replies. As soon as I land and get my rental truck, I usually go to the grocery store and stock up on trail mix, protein bars (low sugar), and fruits.

I think I might try some of the bags of flavoured tuna. Anyone tried this type of tuna and have any opinions of it?

Ignoramus
11-09-2006, 06:38 AM
I dont know about where you live but here, gas stations sell a lot of food that you can eat.