PDA

View Full Version : Bloated or what?

teaturtle
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Okay now I am starting to worry. Ever since I started this bulk my stomach's gotten bigger. Only my stomach is really noticable, rest of my body still needs some weight (that's why I am still going).

I've been on a 2,500-3,000 calorie bulk for 3 weeks now. So could this stomach thing be temporary (ie just water weight, etc)?

ps. if it helps, my waist went up 2-3 inches.. :( and now, even my mom's starting to make fun of me for it. its making me feel pretty crappy, i dont need that.

RedSpikeyThing
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
how fast are you gaining weight?

Personally, my stomach sticks out because I eat so much food :( As I've said many times, it's like a gut with a six pack.

teaturtle
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
well I was 141-142lbs, now (3 weeks later) I'm ~145lbs. Like i said, maybe it's water weight but I guess not :(

how do I get rid of it though (without stopping my bulk)? Just reduce cals a bit?

RedSpikeyThing
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
I doubt it is fat gain. Since you are eating a lot your intestines are full and therefore occupy more space...I don't think I need to get any more graphic than that.
Look at yourself in the morning after you've emptied out...you'll be much thinner.

ShockBoxer
11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Like Red said weigh and measure yourself in the morning and see what things look like. If your waistline is still up then you might want to re-evaluate your bulk. You can get stronger while dieting and the hard and muscular body of Built that you admire comes from losing fat far more than adding muscle mass.

teaturtle
11-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Shockboxer- well how can I cut to that body if I dont have those nice, big muscles to begin with? You say you can grow while dieitng (on a cut im assuming you meant) but can you grow like bigger on a cut?

ShockBoxer
11-08-2006, 06:40 AM
No, I said you can get stronger while cutting. Well, I threw on 5 pounds of newbie lean body mass goodness, adding inches everywhere, during my newbie cut... but it's best not to bank on such things happening. Starting circumstances were entirely different: A man nearly twice your age who had once upon a time been a security guard and military reservist coming down from 200 pounds is a little different than a 16 year old woman starting from average and trying to move upwards.

The leaner you are going into a bulk the more 'time' you have to add muscle before your fat levels become unacceptable to yourself.

Frankly, I think you should cut to 130 first. Built, when fully Built, is around that weight. I don't think it makes much sense to get more than 10 pounds away from that ideal at a time... 10 pounds is 3 months of cutting to take off. If you bulked to 150 you'd be dieting for five or six months to get to 130. After all this food depriving yourself for 6 months would feel like an eternity.

teaturtle
11-08-2006, 01:02 PM
so cut first to 130 then bulk?

ShockBoxer
11-08-2006, 01:42 PM
If I were a 16 year old young woman going for Built's appearance I would. :) I'm not, though, so you might want to PM built, getfit, or musclechic about what a good bulk start point and end point would be for a female. I'm not a big fan of straying more than 10 pounds away from your ideal weight in either direction for either gender (I stay within 5) but I'm nuts.

teaturtle
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
wouldnt cutting now/bulking later just put me back to where i am now?

say i cut to 130 lbs ..i look lean and stuff. then i bulk to 140 or so.. i end up with newer fat.

i think im confused. how would cutting now be a better option? (sorry im slow..:()

clawhammer_33
11-08-2006, 03:28 PM
TT just keep doing what your doing although your cals may be a bit high, try dialing them back slightly for a while.

The stomach size increase is from the food excess.

Also many people don't understand this lifestyle, and will take any chance to take a shot at you about it.

teaturtle
11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
clawhammer, thanks. :) I'll keep everything the same, just lower the cals a bit. Hmm okay, so if I were eating 2500-3000 cals would it be too much to decrease it to 2000-2500?

clawhammer_33
11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Whats your maitenence level?

teaturtle
11-08-2006, 08:42 PM
well last time i checked it was around 1500-2000 haha, maybe i should figure that out

ShockBoxer
11-08-2006, 09:00 PM
wouldnt cutting now/bulking later just put me back to where i am now?

say i cut to 130 lbs ..i look lean and stuff. then i bulk to 140 or so.. i end up with newer fat.

i think im confused. how would cutting now be a better option? (sorry im slow..:()

Look at it this way: You bulk now to say 150. Now to look lean and stuff you still have to get to 130... so you put on 10 (some of it glorious muscle) and add new fat to your existing old fat and then have to go back 20. If you cut now you start lean, end up where you are now, and then only have to go back 10 to get back to lean.

As it stands at this very moment either way you'd be losing 20 pounds sometime in your future (if 130 and lean is your target, of course). It's simply a matter of whether it's broken into two groups of 10 with a happy bulk break in between or a grueling 20 pound diet.

It's only an alternative way of looking at things. You're not doing anything wrong as it stands. I'm just not a big fan of long ass diets without drastic need (like me dropping my forty to get things started).

teaturtle
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
ive decided to continue bulking but only because i feel like my arms and calves arent big enough as compared to the rest of my body. i want a proportionate body LOL.. and if i did a cut now i would be reeeally lean and thin and thats not what i want.