PDA

View Full Version : Dieter needs help

ssmtc05
11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey everyone fisrt post here after browsing. I need some help with my diet. I started the south beach diet back in april at 298 pounds. As of right now im down to 193. In august I started going to the gym doing weights 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week up until this week where i started doing weights, one body part a day 6 days a week with cardio after 3 of my workouts. Now im 6'3. I just have a few questions since im still pretty new at this. I know a little over 100 pounds in a little over 6 months is alot of weight, however im beginning to look a little too thin i believe. Yet i still have a bit of loose skin or fat in my ab area that i notice while doing pushups, it kind of hangs. Now first question is that fat or loose skin from losing weight? And second is can it be lost ever because it bothers me. And also another question is how should i go about bulking up without getting fat again? i need help with that because im afraid ill just get fat again instead of gaining lean mass. Right now im more toned but still not as toned as i would like to be im guessing because i need to put on more muscle to be more cut/toned, correct me if im wrong please. And how should i change my diet/exercise plan for bulking up, right now i have some gnc whey protein when i wake up at 7 am at 9 am i have a myoplex carb sense bar, at 11 am i have a grilled chicken salad, at 1 pm i snack on some grapes and peanuts or something similar or sometimes another myoplex bar and around 5pm ill have dinner or either chicken breast with vegetables or steak or turkey burgers or the like with a protein shake then the gym then i come home and another protein shake then bed. Sorry for the long post but i want to be bigger not fatter, maybe back up to 230-235 pounds and i want that looseness in my abs gone. Thank you

Jay

ssmtc05
11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
no ideas guys?

RedSpikeyThing
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I've never been on the overweight side of things, but from what I understand the loose skin can/will *eventually* go away. You just have to keep dieting :(

You control your fat gain on a bulk by keeping track of how much you are eating and monitoring the results. If you are gainine quickly (2+ lbs/week), then you are gaining too quickly.

I would first start by tracking your diet at www.fitday.com and figure out exactly what you are eating every day. It doesn't sound like it is very much, but I could be wrong. Those numbers will give you some idea of how much to eat to gain/lose/maintain your weight,

ssmtc05
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I see thanks for the info, i know fat comes off in a certain order so if my ab area is the last area its coming off if i continue to diet will it only come off my ab area or no because my face is to thin i believe and so is my upper stomach are you can almost see my ribs so i wanna make sure itll only come off the lower ab area not anywhere else. Also i was going to start a small bulk to add some muscle next week and maybe go up to about 210 and then try to cut some more fat from there again is this a good idea or no. Should i just keep dieting and not bulk yet?

ssmtc05
11-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I guess ill just do a small bulk to add some muscle to my frame and start picking up some strength then a small cut again

ianewilson
11-09-2006, 08:11 PM
You can increase your calorie intake while still eating healthy and put on mostly lean muscle mass. I have been able to do it a couple of times but I was never quite in your situation. It sounds like your cals are a little low but you won't know unless your track your intake (www.fitday.com).

You have been in a weight-loss mind set, now it's time to put some lean weight back on.

ssmtc05
11-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Thats what i figure i dont want to look like starvin marvin, so i should put some lean weight on. Eat a little more and just make sure the weight doesnt go on to fast. Should i still do cardio if im trying to put on lean mass?

ianewilson
11-10-2006, 05:48 AM
Sounds like you have a plan.

I personally hate cardio and therefore don't very often do it. If I do, it is usually a 20 minute fast walk after my workout. I am generally sweating harder, and more out of breath, when doing heavy lifting (Squats, DL, Bench) than when I do cardio so that is why I don't do it all that often.

It is something you will have to gauge for yourself. Try cutting the cardio off a little at a time and see what your results are. It will be trial and error for you.

ssmtc05
11-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Thank you i aprreciate the advice since your the only one responding i will jst try it and see where it goes...

Jay