PDA

View Full Version : Calorie intake with lots of cardio

dnelson82
11-09-2006, 08:19 AM
I recently got tendonitas in my elbow and have been waiting for it to go away. So for the past 2 weeks I have been running about an hour or more a day to do something active. Then after running, 3 days a week I do flys and shoulder raises and abs. Anything that doesn't hurt my elbow.

I am burning roughly 1000 calories everytime I work out and I have not changed my diet. I still eat ceral, banana, and yogart for breakfast, protien shake and crackers around 10, chicken and sweet potato for lunch, same protien and cracker combo at 3 then workout then dinner.

With the amount of cardio that I am doing, how much more food do I need to intake. I am looking at this cardio sessions as my fat loss stage. Do I need to be eating a lot more since I am putting in alot more cardio.

Thanks.

RedSpikeyThing
11-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Cardio is not a good approach to losing fat. As long as you're eating in a cloric deficit, you will lose weight.
That being said, I would eat a little more when doing that much cardio. Maybe a few hundred calories more. Where are you getting this "1000 calories burned" from?

Finally, HIIT is probably the best way to burn fat specifically.

Mercuryblade
11-10-2006, 03:52 PM
A lot of cardio is going to hurt your muscular gains, but a little is fine.
Hit up the leg machines. You don't need your elbow to leg press :)