PDA

View Full Version : Steak!

mistergalarza
11-09-2006, 09:12 AM
How often is too often for steak consumption on a cutting diet? I eat nothing but chicken all day and im looking for variety. What cuts are the leanest? How much of it can I eat? How often? Thanks! (I tried searching but I got a load of journals to look through)

My rule use to be once a week - I would have a nice lean thick steak. Not so sure now..

Unreal
11-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Whenever it fits into your caloric/macro goals. Could be daily, or never depending on what else you eat. Just adjust your other meals to accomodate.

mistergalarza
11-09-2006, 10:22 AM
leanest cuts? how many of you actually eat steak during a cut?

Anthony
11-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Why WOULDN'T you eat steak during a cut?

Sidior
11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Why WOULDN'T you eat steak during a cut?

:withstupi to the max^2

ddegroff
11-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I eat steak.

Any cut that comes from the legs or hind is the leanest, but also the toughest.

mistergalarza
11-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I was thinking the fat content - but looks like ill be sinking into my steaks now!

Anthony
11-09-2006, 10:56 AM
You need a certain amount of fat for proper hormone production and vitamin absorption. "Low fat" is a bad idea.

mistergalarza
11-09-2006, 11:00 AM
I meant saturated fat - I always thought it was loaded in it. I take in about 70g of fat content as it is. Thanks :)

Anthony
11-09-2006, 11:10 AM
70g of fat is good if you weigh 140 pounds or less. Otherwise I'd consider more.

Aim for a 33/33/33 ratio of poly/mono/saturated and you'll be in line with just about every doctor/nutritionist.

Stumprrp
11-09-2006, 06:00 PM
load up on your meat dude! ground beef is a good investment and is good for you, other then that if you got the cash go for sirloins, t-bones, filets, what ever.

RedSpikeyThing
11-09-2006, 08:29 PM
70g of fat is good if you weigh 140 pounds or less. Otherwise I'd consider more.

I don't mean to bust your balls, but wouldn't that depend on bf%? 70 g for 140 lbs of LBM.

Anthony
11-10-2006, 05:52 AM
I don't mean to bust your balls, but wouldn't that depend on bf%? 70 g for 140 lbs of LBM.

I always round up to body weight because most people have no clue what their true body fat is. Just makes it easier for them to grasp.

RedSpikeyThing
11-10-2006, 08:35 AM
I always round up to body weight because most people have no clue what their true body fat is. Just makes it easier for them to grasp.

Fair enough.

time2grown06
11-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Filet mignon is the tastiest steak but also one of the most expensive....New York strip is good, lean and tasty. Try this some time.....Take a new york strip and cut off most the fat and cut it up into inch size pieces. Then take mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and other veggies such as brocolli and red peppers and chop them up to a size you like. I try to aim for a 2:1 ratio of veggies to steak. Put some olive oil in a frying pan and cook on medium-high heat and put the steak in and turn occasionally with a spatula....once the steak is cooked on the outside, add the veggies and drop to medium heat....Things to add in.....pepper, lemon juice, worcheshire sauce, minced dry onions, garlic, cooking wine, red vinegar, dijon mustard, butter, and I always put soy sauce last after raising the heat back to medium-high. Cook until it looks done. Usually makes 2 meals...Eat half after you cook it and the rest a couple hours later...Enjoy

Turnip
11-16-2006, 08:01 PM
I like steak on my steak, vegetables ruin the experience. :rolleyes:

Fuzzy
11-16-2006, 08:11 PM
EAT THE DAMN STEAK!!!

hahaha, how could you not!

I eat a 2 pound steak atleast 3 times a week (usually with my brother were we discuss alot of stuff) and cause my brothers best mate is a butcher, we get it very cheap.

x1986x
11-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Did someone say steak?

Buzzsaw
11-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Filet mignon is the tastiest steak but also one of the most expensive....New York strip is good, lean and tasty. Try this some time.....Take a new york strip and cut off most the fat and cut it up into inch size pieces. Then take mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and other veggies such as brocolli and red peppers and chop them up to a size you like. I try to aim for a 2:1 ratio of veggies to steak. Put some olive oil in a frying pan and cook on medium-high heat and put the steak in and turn occasionally with a spatula....once the steak is cooked on the outside, add the veggies and drop to medium heat....Things to add in.....pepper, lemon juice, worcheshire sauce, minced dry onions, garlic, cooking wine, red vinegar, dijon mustard, butter, and I always put soy sauce last after raising the heat back to medium-high. Cook until it looks done. Usually makes 2 meals...Eat half after you cook it and the rest a couple hours later...Enjoy

Hell yeah! That's similar to the fajitas I make - same recipe but toss it onto a whole grain tortilla.

Holto
11-16-2006, 09:43 PM

When you go 0.5g's per lb of LBM it's more like a minnimum.