PDA

View Full Version : My bulking diet

cpc5304
11-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Okay, I have always had a bad metabolism. I mean it. I am starting to bulk, and eating a lot naturally. The last two days, I have eaten three double chicken burritos from Chipotle (1300 calories, 75 grams of protien each), roughly 800 calorie breakfasts, a gallon of skim milk, and about 4 big protien shakes, in addition to lifting. It's been about 4500 calories a day, as well as 250ish grams of protien. But already I feel chubby. My stomach is sticking out a lot. Since my metabolism is terrible, should I cut back the calories?

I have read (from the link in Built's sig) to vary calorie intake 10-20% from your normal during a bulk or cut, but in Superman's journal, he talks about making excellent gains while eating as much as he absolutely can. I have been sticking to protiens mostly, and feel good about where I have been getting the calories, but I have a feeling I should cut back. Any advice?

Unreal
11-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Are you gaining over 1lb a week? If so cut back. If not then eat away. I'm eating 4000-4200 cals a day, at 6'2" 225lbs. Feeling bloated and fat is just part of bulking.

cpc5304
11-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I am 5'11 172- so yeah, eating this much is rough, I don't eat much naturally anyway. Thanks, I feel somewhat reassured.

reloaded
11-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Three double chicken burritos from Chipotle is quite a lot dude. I have respect that that haha.

Margin Of Error
11-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Okay, I have always had a bad metabolism. I mean it. I am starting to bulk, and eating a lot naturally. The last two days, I have eaten three double chicken burritos from Chipotle (1300 calories, 75 grams of protien each), roughly 800 calorie breakfasts, a gallon of skim milk, and about 4 big protien shakes, in addition to lifting. It's been about 4500 calories a day, as well as 250ish grams of protien. But already I feel chubby. My stomach is sticking out a lot. Since my metabolism is terrible, should I cut back the calories?

I have read (from the link in Built's sig) to vary calorie intake 10-20% from your normal during a bulk or cut, but in Superman's journal, he talks about making excellent gains while eating as much as he absolutely can. I have been sticking to protiens mostly, and feel good about where I have been getting the calories, but I have a feeling I should cut back. Any advice?

This depends on how much you currently weigh, but if your description of your metabolism is accurate then yes I would say 4500 calories is too high. 4.5-5k calories is typically what a very large person or someone with a very fast metabolism would need to eat to gain weight.