PDA

View Full Version : Starting my bulk

ianewilson
11-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Lately I have been trying to maintain (or even cut a little) my body weight while lifting heavy, but it's just not the same without gaining that mass that you do with the bulk. I have also recently tried to start eating a lot cleaner. No more food from the centre aisles at the grocery store, I've been sticking to the outside. In combination with this cleaner eating I have been doing full body workouts 2 to 3 times a week (BB Bench, DL, Squat, Row, Military Press).

So, basically I have been taking in anywhere from 2500 to 3000 cals a day depending on lifting days. I would like to gain 10 to 15 lbs before christmas and was thinking about raising my calorie intake to about 4000 a day (while still eating clean). My question is, do you think this weight gain is reasonable.

Your replies are appreciated.

Basic Stats:
Height: 6' 2"
Current Weight: 205 lbs (was 215 lbs two months ago)

Madden Freak
11-14-2006, 10:00 AM
I think your goal is reasonable man but the thing is if you do gain 10-15 lbs before christmas most of that weight is going to be fat, now if you try to gain around 1-2 lbs each week while eating very very clean you wont gain as much fat that way....good luck!!

RedSpikeyThing
11-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I would use Christmas as part of your bulk - nothing better than mounds of turkey and mashed potatoes to fatten you up.

Also, maintaining on 3000 and bulking on 4000? That is a little much. Try 3500 for starters.

ianewilson
11-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I try to eat very clean and just eat a lot. I'm up to 2-3 chicken breasts a day along with a cups of mixed nuts, 3 cups of milk, 3 scoops of nitrean and usually a huge salad. I throw in a peanut butter and cheese sandwicj to get those extra carbs when I need them.

I am going to try to input about 3500 cals a day and see where that gets me. So far, in a week and a half, it has netted me about 5 pounds and a lot of width across my shoulders, chest, and back.

I think my bulk will take me through Christmas (it's just too much fun) but then my girlfriend and I are heading down south for a vacation in February so I'll start cutting just after Christmas.