PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling..... MUST lose weight

Static
11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Aright this saturday is qualifications, I absolutely have to lose at least 10 lbs if it all possible. Currently eating about 1500 calories a day, drinking tons of water, basically eating as smart as i know.

Here is my fitday, maybe you all can critique it.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Cgb8007

Should I be eating less? Should I not eat before qualifications?

I dont really know what to do, if i weigh in too high i will be murdered on the matt

:whip: (just had to use that)

D Bay
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, I don't know where you live, but in Ohio at least (and I thought it was everywhere) They now are doing urine gravity tests weekly to test for hydration which you either pass or forfeit your match(es) and a body fat assesment where they tell you how low you can cut to while still maintaining a minimum of 7% bf. It will make it a lot harder to cut, but water is your best friend. The more water you drink the less you will have to eat, and water goes right through you, but your body will stay hydrated. 10 lbs isn't too much, I think you can do it. Good luck!

Static
11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
In general how little should I be eating?

ryan123321
11-13-2006, 04:49 PM
i might have read it wrong, but if u gotta lose 10 lbs by saturday, do what wrestlers in my school did: don't eat.

they wouldn't eat hardly anything and then they'd stack up on energy drinks an hour or so before the match. probably the most unhealthy thing you could think of, but if u gotta lose weight, 1500 calories a day is 1400 to many

dissipate
11-13-2006, 05:10 PM
lyle mcdonald at bodyrecomposition.com might be able to suggest something (mods: sorry if mentioning another bodybuilding forum is not allowed!)

kad
11-13-2006, 05:15 PM
:withstupi

Apparently Lyle's the man when it comes to crash dieting. (Re: PSMF)

emceepal
11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey, I'm a high-school wrestler in Ohio (285), what's alpha weigh-in we're doing?? Why am I pissing in a cup??? :hide:

teaturtle
11-13-2006, 05:31 PM
wtf isn't 10lbs in a week very unhealthy?

NewTriathlete
11-13-2006, 06:29 PM
PSMF would be a terrible idea for sucking weight. You need the carbs for energy, otherwise don't even bother making weight b/c you'll gas 1 minute into the first period.

What weight class are you wrestling?

You have until Saturday to make weight, keep sucking down water, stay as hydrated as possible until Friday mid-afternoon (or about 24 hours before you weigh in). This will prevent water retention until the very end, when you will still be going like a race hourse without replenishing the water, so you'll drop some weight that way. Track down, and you should really try to leave practice Friday night on weight so you can eat something that night, otherwise, again, you'll gas. You should be tracking about how much you are floating in the night every day so you know what you'll have to get down to Friday night, leave yourself a bit of free room of about a lb or so.

I know its rough, but it comes with the sport. Next time, don't let your self blow up so much after weigh ins :)

Holto
11-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Watch the ultimate fighter.

Sauna
Walking on a treadmill with lots of clothes

Both methods can be combined.

I would aim to lose 5lbs from dieting and 5lbs from sweating.

Are you weighing in the day before the meet?

CODmasterJYK
11-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Aright this saturday is qualifications, I absolutely have to lose at least 10 lbs if it all possible. Currently eating about 1500 calories a day, drinking tons of water, basically eating as smart as i know.

Here is my fitday, maybe you all can critique it.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Cgb8007

Should I be eating less? Should I not eat before qualifications?

I dont really know what to do, if i weigh in too high i will be murdered on the matt

:whip: (just had to use that)

Yo bro. I know wat u're goin through man. haha.
We're doin the same at New Trier High School. Tough **** man.