PDA

View Full Version : Body Fat

helplessstar
02-08-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey guys, i have been reading the forums for a while and its great, but i have a few newbie questions which hopefully wont annoy the crap out of you and you can help me with.

1. I used to work out in the gym 3 times per week, but within last 3 weeks college started so i havent had a chance to get to the gym, however everynight i have a little 20 minute work out with my dumbells, i have a 26 pound dumbell (thats all i could bring to school) and i do a bunch of different excersises with it before i go to bed. My big question however has to do with the last 2 months, i was working very hard and punt on some good muscle, however instead of burning some body fat, i just got bigger because of the muscle i put on, so now i have all of this muscle mass but i always have some body fat ontop of it, i have no clue how to remove that fat without keeping on puytting more muscle and just getting bigger and bigger, i weight 220 pounds, i wanna drop about 30 pounds but i just end up putting more pounds on after working out for months. Do you guys think starting to use a p[orduct like Stacker 2 may burn that fat i wanna get rid of and solve my problems? Am i wroking out at the wrong times in my dorm? I love working out right before i go to bed, but if it's wrong please let me know. I take a couple different supplements already which provide vitamins one is Centrum, and the other is MEtabo Ephedra-Free, and now im thinking of trying stacker 2 and dropping these two. I really just dont know what to try anymore, it's like i am incapable of dropping 20 pounds of fat, i try cardio, i work out very hard for months, and NOTHING except more muscle and get bigger, i dont wanna get bigger, i wanna slim down you know?

OT. I dont know if any of you saw the informercial for Jackie Chan's Cable Flex? i was thinking of getting that in my dorm, its like a small gym, anyone try it?

TreeTrunks
02-08-2002, 08:20 PM
If you have enough time to surf the net and find this site you have enough time to workout. There is 24 hours in a day I'm sure you can find at least one hour to workout. Use your colleges gym, i'm sure your college has a gym. And count calories.

OverDose
02-08-2002, 08:24 PM
get your ass up early and run around the block a few times

captain piddles
02-08-2002, 08:24 PM
the only thing I can think of is cardio with your workouts, probably 25 - 30 min, you could try jogging in the morning before classes or something, but carefull with the ephedra in stackers 2, it will help you burn more fat but it is powerful stuff, its like swilling 8 coffees, start with 1/2 the dose for a few days to see how you react to it then bump it up to whats on the lable, the 26 pound dumbells are good but you can put up on a bulletin board that your looking for weights, thats what I did, I ended up getting a 300lb olympic set for $30, you might not have the room for it but you could say your looking for dumbells or used exersize equipment, you'll end up finding all kinds of deals, after christmas and new years people who wanted exersize equipment for christmas found out it involved work and the equipment ends up in a garage or an attic, you can get the equipment cheeply

Tryska
02-09-2002, 05:54 AM
what are you eating? you must be eating more than enough to put on mass, and not lose bodyfat. post your diet, please.

helplessstar
02-09-2002, 08:34 AM
3 egg whites with Special K cereal in the morning
Afternoon-Blimpies 6 inch Tuna Sub with everything on it including hot peppers
Later afternoon- Home Made Turkey or Ham Sandwitch with lettuce and tomatoes
Evening-a nice microwave meal with some protein
Late Evening-Workout